Home

My Journey in the Pick and Roll nightmare

This is a discussion on My Journey in the Pick and Roll nightmare within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 12:06 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: My Journey in the Pick and Roll nightmare

Good job taking the time to document this. Looks like a mixed bag. And by that i mean bad pick and roll cpu rotations mixed with good adjustments by you.

I can stop the pick and roll, but not in the multitude of ways i should be able to depending on personnel.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I play with Dallas, and I rarely hedge because they are just too slow. I drop back with my bigs, but this just opens the lane up for the CPU to splash 16 footers.

I definitely feel to be made inadequate by my personnel, and I love it.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:54 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3

Also id love to blitz the pick and roll, but as it is the two that eve up on the ball aren't aggressive enough. No crowding, no high hands and no quick rotations to the open man. That means accurate passes and no turnovers, defeating the purpose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 01:27 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

We only have the cavs in the finals to thank for this mess. They pretty much did the same all series playing hero ball but great post jeebs

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

@jeebs9: Excellent thread. It's nice to see all of these defensive options implemented with corresponding video. Have you had more success with using gap and pre rotate on all for other one dimensional Pn'R dominate offenses on-line?
Old 10-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #14
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

SMH @ The 3rd video. Dude took that shot with KD in the paint and there were so many of his teammates open.

Honestly man, sometimes when I play online, tell me if I am not alone here, I feel like I am taking advantage of people when it comes to BBALL IQ. Some of the boneheaded decisions folks make, I feel sorry for them sometimes man. I feel like, "I should be playing someone that knows better."

But good videos Jeebs. Actually posting evidence. That is how you do it in 2015
Old 10-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I play with Dallas, and I rarely hedge because they are just too slow. I drop back with my bigs, but this just opens the lane up for the CPU to splash 16 footers.

You could always try what they did vs Houston, hedge anyway, and leave your center to die 1v2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Good job taking the time to document this. Looks like a mixed bag. And by that i mean bad pick and roll cpu rotations mixed with good adjustments by you.

I can stop the pick and roll, but not in the multitude of ways i should be able to depending on personnel.
It definitely is a mixed bags of "You don't know. What is going to happen" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd

I also play with Dallas from time to time. I usually do a drop with them too. If they had Tyson I would probably do a soft hedge with him. Dirk has no lateral quickness to speak of. Dallas is still the only time I play zone from time to time with. Especially with JJ Bera on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Also id love to blitz the pick and roll, but as it is the two that eve up on the ball aren't aggressive enough. No crowding, no high hands and no quick rotations to the open man. That means accurate passes and no turnovers, defeating the purpose.
I used the blitz pick and roll with the 12-13 Heat last night vs the CPU. It actually does work really well with them. When you put Battier at the 4. They cause so much havoc. And once you turn it over. Good luck stopping LeBron and Wade on the wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaw11
@jeebs9: Excellent thread. It's nice to see all of these defensive options implemented with corresponding video. Have you had more success with using gap and pre rotate on all for other one dimensional Pn'R dominate offenses on-line?
Hell yea... I play Houston users all the time. Using gap can be hit or miss. It's all depends on the opponent. If I'm playing the Warriors. I would never gap Klay Thompson. Even a bad basket IQ user would make that pass. When I play the Warriors. I usually would gap players like Green, Bogut, and Iggy. You can recover to bad shooter like them. Or live with them hitting a few. Knowing that it's fools gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
SMH @ The 3rd video. Dude took that shot with KD in the paint and there were so many of his teammates open.

Honestly man, sometimes when I play online, tell me if I am not alone here, I feel like I am taking advantage of people when it comes to BBALL IQ. Some of the boneheaded decisions folks make, I feel sorry for them sometimes man. I feel like, "I should be playing someone that knows better."

But good videos Jeebs. Actually posting evidence. That is how you do it in 2015
It sure is!! I record all my game to watch over. Always seeing if I could of done anything differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
You could always try what they did vs Houston, hedge anyway, and leave your center to die 1v2.
But sometimes that situation can work in your favor. If you have a good defensive center.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »