Home

My Journey in the Pick and Roll nightmare

This is a discussion on My Journey in the Pick and Roll nightmare within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Journey in the Pick and Roll nightmare

Slightly off topic, but when setting a player to gap their assignment (especially centers), I often have a few 3 second defensive calls against me. Often My A.I. controlled center (on the strong side) will be ball watching while I'm manually guarding my opponent iso'ing at the wing or elbow. This leads to my center inadvertently camping out with a foot in paint thus leading to the penalty. Anyone else encounter this scenario before and if so how frequently. This all being done in play now online.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #18
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

I also play with Dallas from time to time. I usually do a drop with them too. If they had Tyson I would probably do a soft hedge with him. Dirk has no lateral quickness to speak of. Dallas is still the only time I play zone from time to time with. Especially with JJ Bera on the floor.
Yeah I play some zone with them aswell. Im 6-24 in MyLeague, so Ill probably just sime the rest of the season soon, and give myself DeAndre Jordan and then might stand a better chance of winning.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I used the blitz pick and roll with the 12-13 Heat last night vs the CPU. It actually does work really well with them. When you put Battier at the 4. They cause so much havoc. And once you turn it over. Good luck stopping LeBron and Wade on the wings.
see i tried it with a user, and got picked apart. I'll give that team another go, but one thing i will say is they severely underrated Chris Bosh's speed and quickness. His ability to move was a major part of that scheme.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #20
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
see i tried it with a user, and got picked apart. I'll give that team another go, but one thing i will say is they severely underrated Chris Bosh's speed and quickness. His ability to move was a major part of that scheme.
A couple of times when Ive hard hedged with quicker guys, Ive also had the right stick up triggering the hands up stance. Got a couple of deflections
Old 10-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #21
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaw11
Slightly off topic, but when setting a player to gap their assignment (especially centers), I often have a few 3 second defensive calls against me. Often My A.I. controlled center (on the strong side) will be ball watching while I'm manually guarding my opponent iso'ing at the wing or elbow. This leads to my center inadvertently camping out with a foot in paint thus leading to the penalty. Anyone else encounter this scenario before and if so how frequently. This all being done in play now online.
Yes this can be a problem if your opponent is just sitting there. The other problem I've notice is the center will get underneath the basket at times. And leave the the payer wide open under the rim. It only happens once a game when I use gap. Sometimes I use Moderate. And that works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Read below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
A couple of times when Ive hard hedged with quicker guys, Ive also had the right stick up triggering the hands up stance. Got a couple of deflections
That's what I've been doing.

But Bosh and Haslem are pretty good at hedge. Bosh can be a little slow. But like he said. He is pretty long.

But you also want to go under the pick if your hedging hard. I had another game break down. But I didn't have time to upload it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Manual hedge is how you beat the PnR. Then quickly follow your man on the roll. My biggest problem is defending the drive and kick.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:04 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

Im aware you can tip passes with right stick away, but the problem is there are two individual issues that the cpu doesn't do enough of, but can addressed with usering. Contesting the pass and rotating to the roll man in a timely fashion. I can't be in two places at once so i go for the roll man.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:05 AM   #24
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_accidents
Manual hedge is how you beat the PnR. Then quickly follow your man on the roll. My biggest problem is defending the drive and kick.
I can deal with the kick and drive. What I can't deal with is easy paint points.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-24-2015 at 11:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »