Home

Shot % Tweaks needed?

This is a discussion on Shot % Tweaks needed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2015, 01:56 PM   #25
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Shot % Tweaks needed?

Mike are you able to tweak all modes separately? No complaints about my park since last tweak but cpu offline quick games still has that last second shot mojo going for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 01:59 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Mike, for offline, tweak everything back to how it was on Release Day. If it has to do with online experience, just tweak the sliders. The game was perfect out of the box (Offline).
Old 10-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #27
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Platform: myleague online, hof sim, 12 min quarters.

Thanks for always keeping tabs on community feeback beluba.

Overall I like how rhythm and team chemistry really play a huge factor this year. I find myself quickly going away from cold players and riding the hot hand much more as a result. The game now plays so much more unpredictably and our myleague online is seeing unrivaled parity with any team capable of winning on any given night regardless of tiers and overall team rankings.

Having said that, I think players that have shot creator badges and are known for making shots off the dribble should be rewarded at a higher clip for performing the INFINITE amount of advanced off the dribble shots in 2k16. The plethora of hop shots, step in shots, snatch back shots, escape dribble schots, step back shots, spin shots, pull up shots, etc. make the advanced shooting so deep in this game, and I still feel like I'm scratching the surface on how to chain these shots with isomotion controls. If users take the time to learn these shots and time them properly with players that have the appropriate skillset and badges, they should be rewarded. I'm not advocating an insane success rate but as it stands now even players with shot creator gold badges cannot convert these shots at a decent or reasonable rate after creating the space and openess that these shots provide. Skilled users might as well not incorporate these beautiful shots in their arsenal if the shot penalty remains disporportially high when compared to regular set shots.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 10-21-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #28
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
In my opinion:

Contested and contact lay ups need to be lowered online\

Contested 2-5 foot jumpers should be lowered offline (the CPU abuses this)

Face up jumpers (by guys like Melo\ Durant should be raised slightly. This is a tricky one b\c I know you guys are tweaking the contested shot logic...it may solve itself after that is tweaked...

Step back jumper % could use a slight boost

I support every point in this post 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #29
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Shot % Tweaks needed?

For MyCareer, please please please slightly lower the shot % from midrange for the CPU. My CPU and opposing CPU. I don't want them missing everything but just lower it something small like three notches for the CPU. It's tricky for the good players like KD and etc but that's why I say lower it slightly because NBA players do make contested shots but my problem is it's almost every player that's shooting mid is hitting consistently. Even bigs w/ the middie in the 60s.

The contested layup % definitely needs to be tweaked. This is for both sides of the CPU as well on SS-Sim and HOF-Sim. If you can, it should be about on the same % as 2K15. I can pass to a CPU cutting or pound it to Jonas and it's almost a guaranteed bucket or foul and one. If you need full game twitch video of how frequent these shots go in, I might be down to make one.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-21-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #30
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
So at first, people wanted to turn shooting into a brick fest, now we wanna turn attacking the basket into another useless facet? Boy, y'all won't be satisfied until everyone is shooting 10% or less online.
more like 5% , but 1 thing at a time
Old 10-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

From my personally experience i still think there are too many missed wide open threes with good to great shooters. Definitely frustrating to get your shooters multiple wide open looks just to watch it brick off and rim and not even a good quality. wide open shots should definitely get a boost in % and shot quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
more like 5% , but 1 thing at a time
I play in a Online League on HOF and it's literally a brick fest from 3. Wide open shots too. I just started leaving people wide open cause whats the worst that good happen right..?

Ya i would say a boost in wide open 3s would be really nice. I'm tired of these brickfest even with my opponent leaving my shooters wide open. its just not fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »