Home

Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even pick.

This is a discussion on Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even pick. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 04:40 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I'm still trying to figure out where this so called "defense" is in 2K16. I remember them writing a whole damn blog bragging about how much smarter the AI is.

Clearly the only thing they did on defense is make the CPU on ball D extra OP. I mean looking at this the defensive awareness of the CPU is some of the worst I've seen in a 2K video game. I mean even 2K13 had better defensive awareness and that game was a complete joke on that side of the ball.

I got TONS more clips to show.
I don't believe that 2K didn't do any work on making defense more sophisticated-- but I do agree that the overpowered perimeter bumping probably masked a lot of problems.

I don't see how the transition issues were allowed to get so bad though. It's so bad that even the CPU cheeses you on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #42
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cheese Tutorial : How to beat HOF SIM CPU without running a single play or even p

Do u have the defensive awareness slider toned way down because I struggle to pass without being picked off on all levels of difficulty ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've played ppl who did that all game long. The Cavs? Forget about it. Inbound to LeBron and drive on the baseline all game long. Add that in with the spin layup + infinite pump faking = cheese fest galore. Speaking of pump fakes, they slide you forward. I noticed this in practice mode. You can actually make incremental strides towards the basket with them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited by YDBoUnCe; 10-24-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #44
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl33333
Your clip makes me want to throw my 2K16 disc against the wall.

1. ) Kyrie Irving should have been assessed a flagrant 2 for that highly irritating charge take attempt at half court.

2. ) Scott could have clearly just caught the ball instead of tipping it to Kyrie. Instead, as per usual, when you make a good defensive tip, it ends up hurting you

3. ) Kyrie goes backcourt but nothing is called

4. ) LOL so Love gets a dunk after AC Green whiffs on deflecting a pass from half court which is right in front of him AND Jabbar is there for the help but doesnt even jump???

(How did the Cavs player even know to make this ridiculous pass? Is he that good at cheesing the defense?)

This is nothing. I'm going to make a little compilation video showing nothing but terrible defensive sequences by the AI.

I have so many clips it's ridiculous.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

I've played ppl who did that all game long. The Cavs? Forget about it. Inbound to LeBron and drive on the baseline all game long. Add that in with the spin layup + infinite pump faking = cheese fest galore. Speaking of pump fakes, they slide you forward. I noticed this in practice mode. You can actually make incremental strides towards the basket with them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
hahahaha i know exactly what you are referring to. maybe 2k's calling a travel for pump faking repeatedly is their way of masking this QA failure

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #46
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Click at your own risk...

Spoiler
Old 10-24-2015, 08:39 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Honestly, I think HOF sim is near perfect. If they fixed the following things, it would be revolutionary how good the mode is as it actually slows the pace of the game down to a realistic level on all fronts:
  • Fix transition defense (especially the zone issue)
  • Tweak motion sticking with player (where motion is continued even after letting go of controls. I think this is to slow you down but the nerfs to everyone's speed and acceleration in Sim already does this)
  • Fix "free" CPU baskets (where your teammates, even those with high defensive IQ simply leave a CPU player wide open for mid or three for no reason)
  • Tweak teammates assisting on defense. (currently teammates will collapse way too early only on players you're defending when they set a screen.)
  • Slightly nerf the mid range contested shot makes for both the user and the CPU.

With those issues addressed, it will lessen frustration. I am loving how the CPU actually misses open shots, how end scores are fairly realistic and dunks are few and far between for guards (unless on wide open fast breaks). The aforementioned is pretty easy to tweak and would make the mode extremely enjoyable for those of use who want that realistic experience. Right now, it's a good mix of difficulty and realism with good play resulting in well over 500 ball but some losses out of your control just like real life. So you are rewarded, but not too much where it feels like you've "beaten" the game.
How could you list all that and then say it's near perfect? They released a broken game. All those need to be fixed ASAP because the defense in the game is truly unplayable. On All-Star my guys simply won't even move to cover a player slashing through the lane. It's a joke.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:12 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Click at your own risk...

with all this garbage going on AND the fact that you're using the knicks, I'm surprised you even still have the motivation to keep getting onto online mode. I tried using the knicks against my friend's lakers one match and couldnt even.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »