Home

Self Alley-Oops

This is a discussion on Self Alley-Oops within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 03:07 AM   #1
egb
Rookie

OVR: 0
Self Alley-Oops

Is anybody else having issues with attempting alley-oops off the backboard? I've been pretty successful with alley-oops this year in My Career, and I have the gold Lob City Passer badge, but I keep getting these annoying attempts off the backboard to myself. I'll be on a fast break with Carmelo Anthony sprinting at the perfect angle like all of our other successful alley-oops, yet sometimes I'll inexplicably try to throw it to myself, and usually turn the ball over. I'm a 5'9 point guard -- I have no business attempting self alley-oops off of the backboard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 03:28 AM   #2
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Self Alley-Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by egb
Is anybody else having issues with attempting alley-oops off the backboard? I've been pretty successful with alley-oops this year in My Career, and I have the gold Lob City Passer badge, but I keep getting these annoying attempts off the backboard to myself. I'll be on a fast break with Carmelo Anthony sprinting at the perfect angle like all of our other successful alley-oops, yet sometimes I'll inexplicably try to throw it to myself, and usually turn the ball over. I'm a 5'9 point guard -- I have no business attempting self alley-oops off of the backboard.
done that a couple times too...along with throw the ball to PF post player for him to end up throwing it to the center. Even have some menu pop up while playing which I never pay attention to what it is pop up when doing something else. The controls are very clunky this year. Some controls just didn't need to be changed what so ever. Like why did they change the controls to roll the ball from out of bounce? Just changing thing just for the hell of it.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #3
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

It's all about context and the left stick. If your man it's clearly behind you, then most likely you have the lane for yourself. If you want that extra special alley it may require a hopstep first but that's risky.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

dang i want to throw them to myself to get the lob city finisher badge lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »