Home

I Have To Give 2K Their Props, They've Finally Made The Zone Defense Irrelevant

This is a discussion on I Have To Give 2K Their Props, They've Finally Made The Zone Defense Irrelevant within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

With the addition of the 3-2 freelance option along with the previously added 2-3 freelance from last year I've had no problems tearing up zone users, even with my Knicks.

I actually get excited when I play zone users now since all I have to do is activate one of those freelances and my players will always be in the positions where the zone is weakest.

Just last night I was playing a Bulls player who was using a 3-2 zone, i activated the 3-2 freelance and just tore him up from 3 with Afflalo/Melo. He was down 18 at halftime and in the 3rd quarter he got desperate and switched to man to man and started spamming double teams at me.

Playing zone in MyTeam? With all these shooters? Haha forget about it.

One simple pass and you have an open 3 with a deadly shooter.

Throw in some fake passes here and there to get them off their feet, or switch it up and pump fake and drive.

My favorite is when they start to get desperate to contest every shot, start jumping and fouling your 3 point shooters.

Last edited by Hustle Westbrook; 10-22-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Have To Give 2K Their Props, They've Finally Made The Zone Defense Irrelevant

I always thought Zone in 2k was terrible. there's always someone WIDE open for 3 on one of the wings in the 2-3 and someone wide open in the corners on the 3-2.

I understand that those are indeed weaknesses of zone, but 2k does a terrible job of having the CPU actually attempt to give effort to contest those shots.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I Have To Give 2K Their Props, They've Finally Made The Zone Defense Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I always thought Zone in 2k was terrible. there's always someone WIDE open for 3 on one of the wings in the 2-3 and someone wide open in the corners on the 3-2.

I understand that those are indeed weaknesses of zone, but 2k does a terrible job of having the CPU actually attempt to give effort to contest those shots.
when people complain about zone being too powerful, they are talking about when humans are using it. because humans run around with certain players offball and can easily pick off passes and double team and do a bunch of unrealistic stuff.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:40 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Zone is pretty good as a cheesy Westbrook stopper though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-23-2015 at 10:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »