Home

"play slow. if you play slow you be rewarded"

This is a discussion on "play slow. if you play slow you be rewarded" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #9
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "play slow. if you play slow you be rewarded"

from the 3rd dash to the basket is when i make my thing Protect paint. and i guard the ball holder till he he gets close to paint then i switch to whoever is closer (pf or Center) and put arms up to contest
Old 10-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #10
Rookie

It's kinda cheating but I would play off ball defense the whole time but I think it is also cheating just driving and taking advance of the hitch of driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #11
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

like as much as i cant stand the idea of offballing. im really about to get that route. like, i can stop the guy from trying to power himself into the paint sometimes by staying in front. but in my last 4 myteam games im slowly seeing why the off ball people in the topics are offballing now. my last 2 games (im 1-1) both guys really tried to push and crossover their way into the paint and im here like, LOL. We arent going to run a offense?

it really felt like i been playing NBA live. if you dont know, in that game there is absolutely no paint defense. so people in both the park mode and in online games just "HULK SMASH" their way into the paint and get rewarded. and that game has been benched for a while cause of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 03:27 PM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I play with the grizzles.. and I play really freaking slow. It usually drives my opponent crazy. But in this world of where every team/user is running a fast break offense. It's hard.... But I think the recent tuning has more to do with it. Last week ... I was was possiessioning the ball more than my opponent but last night I say my opponent put up some of the best numbers very my grizzles.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #13
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Back in the 2k13 days before I finally gave online play the middle finger, I used to take teams online and play at a slow pace with good results.

I'd walk the ball up and constantly run plays - it drove other players NUTS. Even had one guy send me a message telling me to hurry the hell up as he was bored waiting to get the ball back!!

Slow and steady can be extremely rewarding, pity the overall calibre of online players are anything but rewarding to play against.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I play with the grizzles.. and I play really freaking slow. It usually drives my opponent crazy..

Pisses guys off tbh

They'll get impatient and make dumb steal attempts...most guys don't even know how to handle picks

Like you said though....containing the FB on the other side is cumbersome

Old 10-22-2015, 05:57 PM   #15
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't see playing "slow" as playing at a snail's pace and always running a set down the floor. I see it as not forcing anything on offense, and having a well thought out plan to score for every offensive possession. Even if it's just a simple pick and roll, isolating your scorer, or giving the ball to your best post player.

One thing that has bugged me about 2k games is that plays aren't run fast enough. I think it was mentioned that plays this year are ran faster but I don't really get that impression. It takes the cpu waaaay too long to get in position to even start running the play. A lot of floppy plays in the Hornets play book take the whole shot clock to complete.

So, if a guy is constantly double teaming, running a play is the last thing you want to do. Since I use the Hornets I run the 4-1 freelance with the space the floor setting, combined with the pick and roll offense POE. Since I don't play Kidd-Ghilcrist at all(don't like him) I have shooters everywhere to punish double teams. If the 3s don't go then I step in for mid range jumpers or drive with the open player and pass to big Al in the paint when the big men rotate.

I like to play fast, swing motion, pace and space basketball. When you set the POE to nuetral offensive aggression sometimes fast break plays come up, like a weave or a pick and roll, using those plays really keep the defense guessing on the break. If I have a chance to run(even after a defensive rebound) I run. Not cheesy full court passes running but grab the rebound, get it to the PG, or keep the rebound with the SG or SF and book it up the floor. If nothing is there then I run O.

It's all about finding offensive balance and not turning the ball over. You don't have to do anything complicated on offense, the simpler the better really, you just need to put your players in the best position for them to score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 06:16 PM   #16
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcudderlife
If you'll get double team just pass it to the open guy for the open shot. I usually hit the up button on the dpad for a quick play and it usually works for me

and this is what pisses me off because ppl and the CPU can throw accurate passes out of the double team...even cross court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »