Home

Community MyPlayer playstyles thread

This is a discussion on Community MyPlayer playstyles thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #41
MVP

TrustedDegree4's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Community MyPlayer playstyles thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
Which position for the all around shooter? Do you mean SF Pure Shooter?

I also am trying to keep the distance between minimum and maximum height 3 inches (6'11, 7'0, 7'1). So that's why I went with 6'11-7'1. I guess keeping it somewhat uniform.
I was talking about the All-Around shooting Center. His rebounding seem way to low to be a center.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #42
Rookie

I love this thread alot. Diversity is something that needs to be implemented more in terms of my players and there respective styles. I was wondering about the overall ratings for the different types of sample my player examples in this thread.

Would everyone necessarily have the same maxed out overall?
Do you think people would be okay with not maxing out at a 99?

Or do you think 2K should implement the my player rating system in a way in such that your overall automatically goes to a 99 or whatever number it is depending on how far you get into maxing out the player?

What I mean by the last question is that in this years 2k if you take your my player and load him up into the blacktop mode you see his real overall but in the my career mode they boost it so that people are able to get to a 99. Hope I explained it in a way that everyone can understand.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #43
Banned

Just seems strange to me, that as a community you're trying to help 2k limit their own game.

The fact they've introduced these new inside/outside/balanced styles hasn't made the park any more attractive to play. It's really dull at the moment. Just guards all using the same dribble moves and stopping and starting all the time. Last years park was actually much more diverse. It was the patch 4 shooting that made it a free for all, not the fact that 7ft SF's existed.

I don't even find these playstyles to be accurate. Because of the constant messing around with sliders, my outside 6'3 PG is better off attacking the basket with back door cuts etc, because apparently battering the line from your JS's every time makes no difference to shot success.

It's one thing admiring Drummond in real life for his skills and attributes but how much mileage in Mycareer is there for a created player like that? It would just be boring after a certain point, and that certain point would be pretty much as soon as you'd got the rebounding/defensive badges.

How many seasons of beasting on the boards would someone play?
Old 03-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #44
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace19
I love this thread alot. Diversity is something that needs to be implemented more in terms of my players and there respective styles. I was wondering about the overall ratings for the different types of sample my player examples in this thread.

Would everyone necessarily have the same maxed out overall?
Do you think people would be okay with not maxing out at a 99?

Or do you think 2K should implement the my player rating system in a way in such that your overall automatically goes to a 99 or whatever number it is depending on how far you get into maxing out the player?

What I mean by the last question is that in this years 2k if you take your my player and load him up into the blacktop mode you see his real overall but in the my career mode they boost it so that people are able to get to a 99. Hope I explained it in a way that everyone can understand.
I think for offline purposes only you should get to 99 eventually and 99 for every attribute, but make it worthwhile. Implement off season drills, in season drills that actually impact the rest of your attributes as well:

Moving/standing mid
Moving/standing 3
Free throw
Off consistency
Speed
Strength
Lateral Quickness
Stamina
Hands
Ball handle
Hustle
Help def iq/pnr iq/o.b.d iq/pass iq/shot contest
Def reb/boxout
Post fadeaway/post control

Those are the only attributes affected currently when doing practice drills. They should also change it so that you can select the drill that u want to do and it will cost "X" amount of VC (this was back in previous 2ks when u worked out with legendary players except it was SP I believe and not VC).

Let there be a progress bar to see how far along you've gotten achieving a permanent increase in that specific attribute (this is based on individualizing attributes and not with the current bucket system) and pending on which one there could be more than one attribute being worked on thus costing you more VC. Idk what the number is for permanent increase.

Idk what the numbers should be as far as what overall you should start at, but there should be a fair and considerate starting point for your specific playstyle with the correct specialty attributes reflecting. Make it easier (maybe costing less VC to upgrade your specialty attributes and costing more to increase those that are not).

That was all for offline mode only. For online mode that is a whole nother beast. You have an audience as young as pre-teen playing this game. Someone mentioned this is another thread, but 2k should check the age of all players (obviously 13+ but kids get permission from parents to play online at a younger age so 13 would have to be the starting point since that is how old I think you have to be to have a stand alone xbox live account/gamertag).

With this idea in mind, they should then bracket the age groups and whatever the consensus is make servers age correlated. An example is:

Server 1: ages 13 and under
Server 2: ages 14-17
Server 3: ages 18-20
Server 4: 21+

Obviously this is just an idea so don't tear me apart, and I know it will be more work on 2ks end, but the idea is to have the ability to play with people our age and make it more enjoyable.

There have been so many instances where you get in games and the mic turns on from one of your teammates and he or she is just a little kid. You don't want to quit the game cuz it negatively impacts your rep and record, but then you have to deal with the bad decisions the young kids make (this is the majority that think they can shoot deep contested 3's, spam the dribble moves, try to dunk it in traffic against 2 guys, and double team on defense leaving their man WIDE open) that cost your team the game.

It can be frustrating, but maybe 2k can make it so you can join other age servers if you know that person or have played with them in another game. They could invite you to their park and this would be an idea how to combat age restricted servers being able to play with friends who are younger.

Now for the last part of this long post to answer why I mention this:

Due to the playstyles I created, kids are not going to fully understand the concept of what a role is. The majority only know ESPN highlights on their favorite superstars. This misleads them thinking that when they create their character, they can do those exact things without penalty or repercussions. My playstyles don't cater to the casual audience unfortunately, but it allows for more individuality and uniqueness to my players.

I think if 2k casual players were to have an open mind to be able to play with so many different players, it gives that specific player a clear advantage over another, but a weakness as well. No one should be able to be an expert at every single attribute. Strengths and weaknesses are assessed here and it will allow players to actually make a tough decision versus just maxing out attribute blocks into shooting/inside shooting/athlete/playmaking and defense and it does the work for you.

How many online players MAX out everything but rebounding? The vast majority I would say and how is that bringing any uniqueness to 2k? Everyone is essentially the SAME player just different height lol. This is a big reason why this upgrade system needs to get the boot.

Idk what the numbers should look like as far as overall for online or even how much of an increase a myplayer can get on their weaker attributes that don't correlate to their playstyle. This could be the next discussion to further provide a fun, but a balanced and unique experience to both the park and pro am.

Last edited by dnyce87; 04-15-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
I think for offline purposes only you should get to 99 eventually and 99 for every attribute, but make it worthwhile. Implement off season drills, in season drills that actually impact the rest of your attributes as well:

Moving/standing mid
Moving/standing 3
Free throw
Off consistency
Speed
Strength
Stamina
Hands
Ball handle
Hustle
Help def iq/pnr iq/o.b.d iq/pass iq
Def reb
Post fadeaway/post control

Those are the only attributes affected currently when doing practice drills. They should also change it so that you can select the drill that u want to do and it will cost "X" amount of VC (this was back in previous 2ks when u worked out with legendary players except it was SP I believe and not VC).

Let there be a progress bar to see how far along you've gotten achieving a permanent increase in that specific attribute (this is based on individualizing attributes and not with the current bucket system) and pending on which one there could be more than one attribute being worked on thus costing you more VC. Idk what the number is for permanent increase.

Idk what the numbers should be as far as what overall you should start at, but there should be a fair and considerate starting point for your specific playstyle with the correct specialty attributes reflecting. Make it easier (maybe costing less VC to upgrade your specialty attributes and costing more to increase those that are not).

That was all for offline mode only. For online mode that is a whole nother beast. You have an audience as young as pre-teen playing this game. Someone mentioned this is another thread, but 2k should check the age of all players (obviously 13+ but kids get permission from parents to play online at a younger age so 13 would have to be the starting point since that is how old I think you have to be to have a stand alone xbox live account/gamertag).

With this idea in mind, they should then bracket the age groups and whatever the consensus is make servers age correlated. An example is:

Server 1: ages 13 and under
Server 2: ages 14-17
Server 3: ages 18-20
Server 4: 21+

Obviously this is just an idea so don't tear me apart, and I know it will be more work on 2ks end, but the idea is to have the ability to play with people our age and make it more enjoyable.

There have been so many instances where you get in games and the mic turns on from one of your teammates and he or she is just a little kid. You don't want to quit the game cuz it negatively impacts your rep and record, but then you have to deal with the bad decisions the young kids make (this is the majority that think they can shoot deep contested 3's, spam the dribble moves, try to dunk it in traffic against 2 guys, and double team on defense leaving their man WIDE open) that cost your team the game.

It can be frustrating, but maybe 2k can make it so you can join other age servers if you know that person or have played with them in another game. They could invite you to their park and this would be an idea how to combat age restricted servers being able to play with friends who are younger.

Now for the last part of this long post to answer why I mention this:

Due to the playstyles I created, kids are not going to fully understand the concept of what a role is. The majority only know ESPN highlights on their favorite superstars. This misleads them thinking that when they create their character, they can do those exact things without penalty or repercussions. My playstyles don't cater to the casual audience unfortunately, but it allows for more individuality and uniqueness to my players.

I think if 2k casual players were to have an open mind to be able to play with so many different players, it gives that specific player a clear advantage over another, but a weakness as well. No one should be able to be an expert at every single attribute. Strengths and weaknesses are assessed here and it will allow players to actually make a tough decision versus just maxing out attribute blocks into shooting/inside shooting/athlete/playmaking and defense and it does the work for you.

How many online players MAX out everything but rebounding? The vast majority I would say and how is that bringing any uniqueness to 2k? Everyone is essentially the SAME player just different height lol. This is a big reason why this upgrade system needs to get the boot.

Idk what the numbers should look like as far as overall for online or even how much of an increase a myplayer can get on their weaker attributes that don't correlate to their playstyle. This could be the next discussion to further provide a fun, but a balanced and unique experience to both the park and pro am.
I agree with basically everything you are saying in this post. It is funny because I actually made a post in another thread about having age appropriate players in mypark so it may have been me who you were talking about, unless someone made a similar point as well lol. Funny how things come full circle.

I think the caps and different roles of the myplayers that you have can work even for casuals. People would still be able to make offensive heavy stars but it would cooler your way because even the offensive heavy stars have different badges, heights and skill sets.

Limiting the amount of badges is a nice idea as well, that I like because
lets be real alot of the people have high defensive ratings on there myplayers and badges like lock down defender, pick pocket, and pass interceptor. Depsite these badges and ratings they still make errors defensively and play bad at that end of the court. This system would magnify that even more because these people wont even have the ratings and badges to help them out here and there so it would even magnify the weaknesses of some people more.

I write that because I feel like if people don't play defense do they really deserve the defensive badges. This is just for the people who like to double team unnecessarily and play bad defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #46
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace19
I agree with basically everything you are saying in this post. It is funny because I actually made a post in another thread about having age appropriate players in mypark so it may have been me who you were talking about, unless someone made a similar point as well lol. Funny how things come full circle.

I think the caps and different roles of the myplayers that you have can work even for casuals. People would still be able to make offensive heavy stars but it would cooler your way because even the offensive heavy stars have different badges, heights and skill sets.

Limiting the amount of badges is a nice idea as well, that I like because
lets be real alot of the people have high defensive ratings on there myplayers and badges like lock down defender, pick pocket, and pass interceptor. Depsite these badges and ratings they still make errors defensively and play bad at that end of the court. This system would magnify that even more because these people wont even have the ratings and badges to help them out here and there so it would even magnify the weaknesses of some people more.

I write that because I feel like if people don't play defense do they really deserve the defensive badges. This is just for the people who like to double team unnecessarily and play bad defense.
Yeah it had to have been you then that made a post about age brackets lol. Crazy, but I wanted this thread to be stickied cuz I thought it was an excellent idea and I wanted even the OP. I was inspired by the OP and I just ran with it once I started my 1st couple and then I began making tweaks and actually changing the way the attributes read on here for an easier read.

I even added ball security back in (which was present in past 2k's) and removed the "hands" attribute because it was too arbitrary to decide what type of playstyles should be good at catching the ball and which shouldn't. A prime example of this is when a full court pass is constantly being thrown (alas breakstarter badge bonanza), whoever the recipient is should have a new set of animations triggering different ways to catch or even bobble the pass giving defender (if he is nearby) a chance to grab it. This gets abused and exploited in pro am too much without almost NEVER resulting in a turnover that we need to balance it out for even those who have 99 pass ratings with breakstarter combined.

This shouldn't mean 100% accuracy because by that logic if I have 99 3 pointer and all shooting badges then I should be 100% accurate hitting wide open shots? No fu**in way! So find balance for that type of ball play and then the "hands" attribute maybe could mean something, but until that gets fixed then it's pointless to have it. I'm not sure if it affects ability to catch alley oops or not.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:44 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah it had to have been you then that made a post about age brackets lol. Crazy, but I wanted this thread to be stickied cuz I thought it was an excellent idea and I wanted even the OP. I was inspired by the OP and I just ran with it once I started my 1st couple and then I began making tweaks and actually changing the way the attributes read on here for an easier read.

I even added ball security back in (which was present in past 2k's) and removed the "hands" attribute because it was too arbitrary to decide what type of playstyles should be good at catching the ball and which shouldn't. A prime example of this is when a full court pass is constantly being thrown (alas breakstarter badge bonanza), whoever the recipient is should have a new set of animations triggering different ways to catch or even bobble the pass giving defender (if he is nearby) a chance to grab it. This gets abused and exploited in pro am too much without almost NEVER resulting in a turnover that we need to balance it out for even those who have 99 pass ratings with breakstarter combined.

This shouldn't mean 100% accuracy because by that logic if I have 99 3 pointer and all shooting badges then I should be 100% accurate hitting wide open shots? No fu**in way! So find balance for that type of ball play and then the "hands" attribute maybe could mean something, but until that gets fixed then it's pointless to have it. I'm not sure if it affects ability to catch alley oops or not.
I think passing in 2K improved in certain areas. Like my shooting guard that I'm using in mycareer will have some bad passes that just float in the air because I did not max out his playmaking all the way yet. This happens with certain across the court passes I make.

That being said, I agree with you about the break starter badge and having it not be 100% percent successful, have it lead to more bobbled catches. I never tested this out alot in nba 2k16 but it would be nice if we saw more inaccurate passes due to heavy ball pressure and tight defense on the player making the pass. Like for instance if someone grabs a rebound and then a defender jumps right in front of them with intense defense and hovering over the offensive player, that if they try a full court pass or just a long pass in general, we should see more over throws or passes that are a little wide to the right or left of the recipient.

I would also like to just see bobbled catches in tight areas in the half court as well. When people try to make tight passes in the paint or when there are two defenders close to the recipient of a pass.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #48
Rookie

Was wondering do you have a build for different point guards? I believe you touched on other positions. Looking forward to it if you worked on it already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »