Home

Do you agree that nba 2k has the best commentary?

This is a discussion on Do you agree that nba 2k has the best commentary? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 PM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you agree that nba 2k has the best commentary?

There is very little dead air, which is great, but there's not enough focus on the court. Most of the commentary is back stories and anecdotes, rather than calling the game. And when they do comment on the game, it sounds kinda robotic.

I know commentary is probably the most difficult part of presentation, but I would love for them to put the focus back on the action on the court.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
Fifa also has excellent commentary...I'd say its a tie
I think nba 2k is a lot more varied
Old 10-22-2015, 08:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
There is very little dead air, which is great, but there's not enough focus on the court. Most of the commentary is back stories and anecdotes, rather than calling the game. And when they do comment on the game, it sounds kinda robotic.

I know commentary is probably the most difficult part of presentation, but I would love for them to put the focus back on the action on the court.
Do you mean that only for nba 2k16 or mostly all the nba 2ks in general?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I actually love all the anecdotes....keeps things fresh for me.....straight up play by play just gets old fast.....and honestly, the commentators on TV don't even call out every pass by a player like it's done in 2k....so the more conversation the better..,.

The only thing that's odd about the commentary are Harlan and Clarks random outbursts....they're hilarious and just weird at the same time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #13
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

I love comedy, so the anecdotes at times can really drive home the presentation to me. It feels a lot more natural than just about every other sports game. Very rarely will they stop talking like a true NBA broadcast. I'd say it's the best to me at least

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #14
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

By far 2k16 has the best in game presentation no doubt about it in my mind, I dont play FIFA but as far as the other sports games 2k takes the crown
Old 10-22-2015, 10:42 PM   #15
Rookie

Fifa has the best commentary..

Of course it is a different game, but you can feel the excitement when someone scored a goal like - "Ronaldoooooooooooo" or "Agueroooooooo"

Some little touch like when it is the player's birthday, commentators will actually acknowledge it.

I actually do skill moves on fifa not to score goals but to hear what will the commentators say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 02:42 AM   #16
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

I usually like it though it can get repetitive quickly if you're often playing with the same team. I've definitely learned some things from listening to their anecdotes. Last year, they put a lot of focus on all the proposed rule changes going on in the real NBA, and their own thoughts about it (like putting in a 4-point line, what?). They're usually pretty good about keeping things contextual and never talking about a player on a certain team unless your roster still has that player on that team. Unfortunately, the quarter break interviews are broken in this regard, and they end up interviewing Ty Lawson about how he feels playing the offense as a NUGGET. It was a little immersion breaking but I'd rather hear that commentary.

When I get the new 2K, usually the first thing I do is create the rosters from the previous season. What's cool is you'll hear contextual commentary you wouldn't otherwise hear if you kept the rosters current. For example, last year in 2K15 if you put Lebron back on the Heat, they had specific commentary about the 2014 Heat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »