Home

Centers // Rebounding // MyPark

This is a discussion on Centers // Rebounding // MyPark within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2015, 03:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Was wondering whether rebounding was a useful skill to upgrade as a centre in MyPark? Obviously in the MyCareer mode rebounding is not necessary as you are able to pull down 10+ boards on a regular basis but it seems in the park rebounds are tougher.

Sorry if this is common knowledge or has been answered I am not experienced in the park.

Last edited by Sam12345; 10-23-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 04:59 AM   #2
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: Centers // Rebounding // MyPark

I think rebounding stat is really useful if u want to grab more offensive boards. Can tell from sf position that there is many situations where i'm in good position to pick offensive board but im not able to control the ball and anyone nearby can snag it.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
I think rebounding stat is really useful if u want to grab more offensive boards. Can tell from sf position that there is many situations where i'm in good position to pick offensive board but im not able to control the ball and anyone nearby can snag it.

Thankyou for your insight man
Old 10-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
Rookie

I play a lot of my park and I can tell you as a fact if you don't have max rebounding you won't be able to compete against other centers in my park. Most if not all centers that regularly play park have max rebounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #5
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a friend that is a 7'3" Center, he doesn't have anything on rebounding and absolutely dominates the boards. Definitely think positioning is more important than what your rebounding is.

Why max rebounding when you can put it towards playmaking so you don't lose the ball every single time a small dude is around you spamming x.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #6
Banned

I think it makes a difference but like JHawk said positioning is everything. Don't even waste ya attributes on Defense. I maxed the defense out on my first Center and couldn't tell a difference whatsoever. Lateral movement was awful and I still didn't block many shots. SMH
Old 10-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Well my question is, how do you even position yourself when the C is camping in the middle while doing that screen animation (hold circle on PS4)?
Old 10-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Well my question is, how do you even position yourself when the C is camping in the middle while doing that screen animation (hold circle on PS4)?

He can't hold Circle or B forever. I get behind him (closest to baseline) that way when the shot goes up I'm in position to box out the second he releases circle or B. Timing and position is everything when trying to snag especially if you're playing against a good center

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »