Home

NBA 2k16 Playbook Info: OS Community "Wiki"

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 Playbook Info: OS Community "Wiki" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k16 Playbook Info: OS Community "Wiki"

Hey guys, can you tell me what the best offense for a team with Kawhi Leonard at the 4 would be? I'm guessing 4 out 1 in?
Old 11-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #10
Banned

Alright... gonna necro this one before it's completely dead and gone.

So I revamped the Pelicans to get some cap space and give them a bit more depth.

My Team looks like that:

C/PF Anthony Davis
PF Derrick Favors
SF Jae Crowder
SG Victor Oladipo
PG Kemba Walker

Bench:

C Rudy Gobert
SG Avery Bradly
PG Trey Burke
SG/SF K. Caldwell-Pope

Now none of those guys is a lights out shooter from 3 which means I have to rely on inside looks and midrange jumpers. Any decent playbook that has a good balance in terms of pick and roll, cutting, midrange and some post up stuff?
Old 12-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #11
Rookie

How come the Freelance thread blew up but not this one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #12
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Team Playbook: 05 Phoenix Suns

Playbook Focus: PnR and Horns

Playbook Strengths: PnR

Best Personnel Types: 4 out and shooters

Fits Best with _____ Freelance Offense: 7 seconds/Pace

Playbook Limitations: Not good for traditional 4's, post players, or guys that are great off the ball.

Favorite Plays: 35 FIST Give, Swing, and Rip.

05 Phoenix Suns Playbook Deadly PnR Scheme

Welcome to another edition of NBA 2k16 tutorials. Today, I will be going over the 05 Phoenix Suns playbook and introducing some money PnR plays, as well as how to set up your settings for success!

First thing, you need to have the 05 Suns playbook. Make sure you select for whatever game mode you are playing. Secondly, make sure you have good shooters from the outside. This can work with almost any team.
Before the game starts, go to gameplan and assign plays. Click over to the player you want to run the PnR with and remove all the priorities. Choose P&R Wing for priority 1 and leave the rest blank. Now you can hit up on the d-pad and it will run any three of these plays!

My favorite out of the three plays is the 35 Fist Swing.

For the 35 Fist swing, your 2 or 3 will initiate the offense on either wing. Your ball handler will be on the opposite wing. To intiate, the other guard will come for a hand off (or you can try to go backdoor). You can hold the ball or hand it off. If you hold the ball then you will get an on ball screen from the 4 or 5 after the guard in the corner screens them. If you hand if off you will then pass to the 4 or 5 at the top of the key and then he will have two options. He can directly pass to the man he wants to run a pick and roll with or he can dribble towards them and hand it off. Now after 3 quick hand-offs/passes, your PnR starts while the defense is scrambling!

For the 35 Fist Rip, your 2 or 3 will start at one of the wings and pass directly to the ball handler. Once the 2 or 3 passes the ball to the ball handler, he will screen the 4 or 5 and he will then set an on ball screen for the ball handler. The weakside players will all shift further away and give you more room to run the PnR. This play is deadly, because it has all 5 players wide to begin and has tons of spacing to work in the paint off the roll or backdoor opportunities.

Lastly, 35 Fist Give will initiate with the 2 or 3 dribbling towards the ball handler. You can hand it off to the primary ball handler and the 4 will immediately come for an on ball screen at the top of the key. If you decide to keep the ball with your 2 or 3, the 5 will come up from the low post and give you a quick on ball screen. This is the easiest of the three to intiate and is also extremely difficult to guard!

Practice these three plays and remember to mix in some of your favorite freelances! Pace and 7 seconds both work extremely well. You can also call for your own manual pick and rolls/fades.

Youtube
Old 01-11-2016, 03:17 PM   #13
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Orlando Magic 5 out offensive Playbook Scheme

Welcome to another edition of NBA 2k16 offensive tutorials! Today I will be talking about the Orlando Magic playbook and how to implement some money plays into your scheme!

These are the money plays out of this playbook! To set them up, simply go to gameplan - assign plays and make sure you have PnR Ball Handler, PnR Point, and 3 PT set as your priorities with your respective players. For example, you can use all three of these on Curry but you may want to just have 3 PT set for Klay Thompson.

Main Plays:
FIST 41 CROSS - A PnR/PnF on the wing with your 2 or 3. This is great for a 5 out offensive and having guys like Draymond Green at the 5. The 2 and 3 will exchange places before the PnR and the 5 will be on the weakside corner.

FIST 15 CROSS- Your ballhandler will be the one coming off a screen for a either a shot or another PnR. There are 4 different ways to initaite this offense with 3 resulting in the same result. First, your guards will exchange spots at the corner and weakside wing. You can then pass directly to your center to swing the ball. You can wait for for the guard to cut through and pop out to the corner. You can hand off or pass directly to him. If you choose to keep the hand off, you will go into a PnR immediately. If you choose any of the other 3 options, your ball handler will cut through and come off a down screen at the opposite wing for a shot or a PNR. Your center can either hand it off or pass directly to the ball handler coming off the double screen. This involves a lot of options and movement, but it is fairly easy to memorize.

FLOPPY 74 QUICK - This play will get you wide open for a midrange or 3 point shot. It is a simple off ball curl screen with 3 screeners for one of your shooters.

FLOPPY 3 RIP - The ball handler will be coming off a triple screen, similar to FLOPPY 74 QUICK. However, the ball handler dekes like he will be setting the screen for one of the wings and then he goes off a triple screen. If nothing is there then there will be a PnR opportunity and your opposite wing will pop out for a skip pass.

FIST 19 - This is a Horns base with your 2 bigs setting double on ball screens. This is just a money PnR play where you have tons of options.

FIST 53 QUICK - This a PNR action that will have 2 passes or 1 pass/handoff before a PnR initiates with a shooter. This can be also utilized with a 5 out offense.

Lastly, make sure you run manual pick and rolls, flushes/backdoors, isolations, and take your points in the fastbreak. This scheme works best with 4 out offenses like Pace, Warriors, Hawks, 4-1 out, etc.

This will conclude our Magic PB scheme tutorial. Be sure to try out these plays!

Youtube
Old 01-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #14
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7

Orlando Magic 5 out offensive Playbook Scheme

Welcome to another edition of NBA 2k16 offensive tutorials! Today I will be talking about the Orlando Magic playbook and how to implement some money plays into your scheme!

These are the money plays out of this playbook! To set them up, simply go to gameplan - assign plays and make sure you have PnR Ball Handler, PnR Point, and 3 PT set as your priorities with your respective players. For example, you can use all three of these on Curry but you may want to just have 3 PT set for Klay Thompson.

Main Plays:
FIST 41 CROSS - A PnR/PnF on the wing with your 2 or 3. This is great for a 5 out offensive and having guys like Draymond Green at the 5. The 2 and 3 will exchange places before the PnR and the 5 will be on the weakside corner.

FIST 15 CROSS- Your ballhandler will be the one coming off a screen for a either a shot or another PnR. There are 4 different ways to initaite this offense with 3 resulting in the same result. First, your guards will exchange spots at the corner and weakside wing. You can then pass directly to your center to swing the ball. You can wait for for the guard to cut through and pop out to the corner. You can hand off or pass directly to him. If you choose to keep the hand off, you will go into a PnR immediately. If you choose any of the other 3 options, your ball handler will cut through and come off a down screen at the opposite wing for a shot or a PNR. Your center can either hand it off or pass directly to the ball handler coming off the double screen. This involves a lot of options and movement, but it is fairly easy to memorize.

FLOPPY 74 QUICK - This play will get you wide open for a midrange or 3 point shot. It is a simple off ball curl screen with 3 screeners for one of your shooters.

FLOPPY 3 RIP - The ball handler will be coming off a triple screen, similar to FLOPPY 74 QUICK. However, the ball handler dekes like he will be setting the screen for one of the wings and then he goes off a triple screen. If nothing is there then there will be a PnR opportunity and your opposite wing will pop out for a skip pass.

FIST 19 - This is a Horns base with your 2 bigs setting double on ball screens. This is just a money PnR play where you have tons of options.

FIST 53 QUICK - This a PNR action that will have 2 passes or 1 pass/handoff before a PnR initiates with a shooter. This can be also utilized with a 5 out offense.

Lastly, make sure you run manual pick and rolls, flushes/backdoors, isolations, and take your points in the fastbreak. This scheme works best with 4 out offenses like Pace, Warriors, Hawks, 4-1 out, etc.

This will conclude our Magic PB scheme tutorial. Be sure to try out these plays!
Just used both of the crossing plays and they are very good with a lot of options. Thank you for this scheme. What priorities should we assign to the bigmen or does it matter? Also what else are you using out of the playbook, like should we assign players to midrange, handoff, or high post priorities too?
Old 01-12-2016, 09:31 PM   #15
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
Just used both of the crossing plays and they are very good with a lot of options. Thank you for this scheme. What priorities should we assign to the bigmen or does it matter? Also what else are you using out of the playbook, like should we assign players to midrange, handoff, or high post priorities too?
I show how to do the assignments in the video, but you want to focus on PnR and 3 pointer priorities. Big men...you want one to do the PNR and have the other one space the floor so they can be ready to shoot. I call the plays through my PG/SG though. For the bigs, you'd set it to PnR (S) to you can pick who you want to do the screens.

Something else to add to Floppy74 that I did not explain. After the 3 comes off the curl screen...the SG will also come up behind if you did make that first pass. That makes this play even cooler......

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 01-12-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #16
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I show how to do the assignments in the video, but you want to focus on PnR and 3 pointer priorities. Big men...you want one to do the PNR and have the other one space the floor so they can be ready to shoot. I call the plays through my PG/SG though.

Something else to add to Floppy74 that I did not explain. After the 3 comes off the curl screen...the SG will also come up behind if you did make that first pass. That makes this play even cooler......
Thanks. Yes, that second action for the Floppy 74 is sneaky. I have caught my opponent off guard with it a couple of times already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »