Home

Loose balls go back to the offensive player almost all the time?

This is a discussion on Loose balls go back to the offensive player almost all the time? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 07:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Loose balls go back to the offensive player almost all the time?

The problem is amplified by the fact that in ~80% of the cases the CPU will score within 3 seconds. The worst thing isn't necessarily the AI getting the loose ball so often, but that the CPU player already has seen the perfectly open player and registers, bends down and picks up/catches the loose ball and lays a perfect pass - all this within a split second. Even if this is the very player that just has been stripped. Paired with the CPU catch and shoot success %, it's nearly always a wrap. As said earlier - insult to injury and all that. It just looks very fake and makes it feel scripted, even if it isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #26
Rookie

Hopefully it will be address in patch 3
Old 11-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #27
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I've found there are certain possessions the cpu is going to score no matter what. Could be a close game, could be down by 20. But there are times where no matter what you do the cpu will get 2 points. I think that's the root of the problem.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I've found there are certain possessions the cpu is going to score no matter what. Could be a close game, could be down by 20. But there are times where no matter what you do the cpu will get 2 points. I think that's the root of the problem.

You are right about,, do you sometimes feel that fouls are predetermined in this game. Because I am basically a enforcer in mycareer. When I see the CPU driving to lane, I go for the block. Sometimes my teammates would just foul him for no reason at all. Yes he got beat but im there for the cleanup, I am ready for the block but just before I block him my teammate foul him. Its like its predetermined no matter what a foul is going to happen. The loose ball problem has cost me a fews games. I have block Cousins when there is like 3 secs left on the clock but I was still in blocking animation so I couldn't recover the ball but somehow Cousin literally got the ball back when he surrounded by my teammates with 1 secs left and score the winning shot.

Last edited by MeloJello; 11-12-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:51 PM   #29
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344

It happens a few times a game. Lately I have been super disciplined on D when it feels that way and get a block or force a loose ball or terrible shot, but somehow no matter what, they will score. Without doubt, in any situation. I, fortunately, haven't had it lead to a loss for me yet.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Its not just use the offensively players reaction time is about 2X faster. They win almost every lose ball its so annoying. Great defense just for the offense to pick up the ball every time
Old 11-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #31
Rookie

If this issue as been toned down alot, then 2k15 had to be unplayable. Almost every shot I block that's not going out of bounds is immediately picked up by the cpu and scored easily. It's very frustrating when you feel like you're being penalized for playing good defense.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #32
Rookie

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »