Home

NBA 2K16 Freelance Info: OS Community "Wiki"

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Freelance Info: OS Community "Wiki" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #49
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
NBA 2K16 Freelance Info: OS Community "Wiki"

Yep you wont notice it much for freelances like flex, 3-2 fist, 3-2 extended but for offenses like flow, swing, triangle and pace the freelance actions are worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 11-05-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #50
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K16 Freelance Info: OS Community "Wiki"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Yep you want notice it much for freelances like flex, 3-2 fist, 3-2 extended but for offenses like flow, swing, triangle and pace the freelance actions are worth a try.

Will freelance work with Princeton Chin and Warriors?
Old 11-05-2015, 04:10 PM   #51
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
Will freelance work with Princeton Chin and Warriors?

Ive never ran warriors. Princeton didn't seem too have many alternative actions so i doubt freelance makes much of a difference.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #52
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4

Kind of related to the Freelance in a way, but what affect will POE's have on 2K Smart Plays? Like if you have it set to a certain player will it just call plays pertaining to him and will it bring up different branches of the Freelance if you choose to branch off of the play that was called?
Old 11-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #53
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

NBA 2k16 Offensive Tutorials: Princeton Chin
The Princeton Chin essentially means Princeton High. There is also Princeton Low, which I will have a video and article for at a later time.

Princeton Chin is best utilized with 4 perimeter players who can shoot deep and/or cut inside and finish. Your 5 man has to be able to hit mid range and faceup from the top of the key or hit post shots at the free throw line. There are not many players in the NBA who can do this, thus making Dallas and Dirk Nowitzki a prime candidate to run this offense.
Either motion or freelance cuts will work about the same, however do not use spacing the floor. POE's are not that important either. You may want to try "Patient Offense", but the other options do not really matter as the Princeton Chin is pretty much a set offense from Point A to Z with a few branches in there as well.
The offense starts with 4 perimeter players and 1 high post player and that is your base set. Then there are three options to initiate the offense.
Hold the ball at the top and you'll see 2 branches:
1)Option 1 - Swing the ball to the opposite wing (This creates the most action)
A)This initiates a series of backdoors including the opposite guard at the top ; if you do not hit him and hold the ball this branches into 2 more options.
1)Pass to corner and the man who passed it will cut thru and then the other strongside perimeter player will go off a backscreen from Dirk. If nothing is there, hold the ball and Dirk will screen the opposite side for either a shot or a Pick and Fade with Dirk.
2)Pass to Dirk and the strong side guard at the top of the key will go back door. Then there will be a strong side down screen for either a handoff/pass or Dirk can hold the ball. There will be another down screen on weak side as well.

2)Option 2 - Feed the high post (This should be your priority if you just want to do work with your post player)
A)All 4 perimeter players will cut and initate their own floppy acttion
B)Hit someone coming off a screen or go to work with your big!
3)Option 3 - Once you bring the ball, instead of holding the ball swing the ball to the opposite wing to initiate. (This is the hardest one to initiate and may only work on reversals or resets)
A)Dirk will flash and then strongside backscreens for a backdoor and weakside downscreens for a 3 point shot. Simple and quick.

This offense takes a little time to learn, but it is not that complicated. It is more important to know how to run the offense in a game and to understand what each branch does. You want to utilize your strengths so if you feel like your Big can excel at post fadeaways then go to that right away. If your big is a great passer (AKA Chris Webber) then go into option 1. If you want a quick shot then go into option 3.

BTW let me know what I can better in the video guys? You want to see more scrimmage? More online? More offline games? You want to see me failing with the offense or just the goodies? You like the annotations or no?

I plan to do all of these.

Youtube
Old 11-05-2015, 07:25 PM   #54
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
Kind of related to the Freelance in a way, but what affect will POE's have on 2K Smart Plays? Like if you have it set to a certain player will it just call plays pertaining to him and will it bring up different branches of the Freelance if you choose to branch off of the play that was called?
POE's are especially important for the smart plays. Pretty much what you said is true, assuming the freelance you have has that flexibility and you have it set to freelance options!

E.G, Running the Triangle and setting POE to run through Carmelo will have him at the high post making the reads. Running the Pace with POE set to get shooters open and you'll see more offball/flare screens rather than on the ball screens.

However, running an offense like Flex with the same POE with the Knicks and you will not see any difference since the offense has no branches or flexibility (even tho it is called flex lol).

Running individual plays with the smart plays option relies on your POE's btw.

Youtube
Old 11-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 0

Okay so I have read the whole thread as well as watched countless tutorials and what not yet I can not get any decent flow to develope without constantly adjusting something.

So I revamped the Pelicans to get some cap space and give them a bit more depth.

My Team looks like that:

C/PF Anthony Davis
PF Derrick Favors
SF Jae Crowder
SG Victor Oladipo
PG Kemba Walker

Bench:

C Rudy Gobert
SG Avery Bradly
PG Trey Burke
SG/SF K. Caldwell-Pope

So I basically have two bigs who have a decent jumper and very good hands, 4 guards who are very good at passing, 3 of which are also adept finishers inside and KCW. I have absolutely no idea what freeflow offense to go with.

I tried the Triangle but it simply doesn't work because I don't have my star on SG/SF and just running it on neutral really doesn't create a lot of looks for me at all, also I don't really get it to branch out from as many situations as I have seen in the video.

Any advise on which offense would suit my personal best? I would like to run something that involves quite a bit of passing as I absolutely despise ISO. Last year I had a really nice flow with the Knicks Playbook as well as the Triangle but somehow this new triangle just doesn't do it for me. I basically am looking for something with which just to play basketball... manual pick and roll and playcalling should make up at the most 10-20% of the offense.

Also I sort of get it but not really:

So Motion Cuts basically has those guys go through the motion, do some predesigned cuts and what not but freelow is supposed to have them move within the system according to their strengths? Because for me Triangle with freeflow and Gobert on the floor led to only one branch being shown over and over again: pass to Gobert in the paint.

I don't want to disrupt this thread overmuch so if any of you would prefer to answer via PN I would really appreciate it. I have enough trouble on D this year as it is so I would at least like to really enjoy my offense (If I need to score 110 per game just to win this year )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #56
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyRocks96
Okay so I have read the whole thread as well as watched countless tutorials and what not yet I can not get any decent flow to develope without constantly adjusting something.

So I revamped the Pelicans to get some cap space and give them a bit more depth.

My Team looks like that:

C/PF Anthony Davis
PF Derrick Favors
SF Jae Crowder
SG Victor Oladipo
PG Kemba Walker

Bench:

C Rudy Gobert
SG Avery Bradly
PG Trey Burke
SG/SF K. Caldwell-Pope

So I basically have two bigs who have a decent jumper and very good hands, 4 guards who are very good at passing, 3 of which are also adept finishers inside and KCW. I have absolutely no idea what freeflow offense to go with.

I tried the Triangle but it simply doesn't work because I don't have my star on SG/SF and just running it on neutral really doesn't create a lot of looks for me at all, also I don't really get it to branch out from as many situations as I have seen in the video.

Any advise on which offense would suit my personal best? I would like to run something that involves quite a bit of passing as I absolutely despise ISO. Last year I had a really nice flow with the Knicks Playbook as well as the Triangle but somehow this new triangle just doesn't do it for me. I basically am looking for something with which just to play basketball... manual pick and roll and playcalling should make up at the most 10-20% of the offense.

Also I sort of get it but not really:

So Motion Cuts basically has those guys go through the motion, do some predesigned cuts and what not but freelow is supposed to have them move within the system according to their strengths? Because for me Triangle with freeflow and Gobert on the floor led to only one branch being shown over and over again: pass to Gobert in the paint.

I don't want to disrupt this thread overmuch so if any of you would prefer to answer via PN I would really appreciate it. I have enough trouble on D this year as it is so I would at least like to really enjoy my offense (If I need to score 110 per game just to win this year )
3-2 extended with Davis at the 4 or Princeton Low with Davis a the 5. You definitely want to work your offense around Davis and Princeton Low or 3-2 extended will do that the best. In fact, you can run both throughout the game. When I use the Pelicans I run Davis at the 5 when Anderson is in and Davis at the 4 when Asik is in. I plan to do a video on both of those freelance offenses.

You should also consider the Swing, Corner, and 1-4 High as well.....

Youtube

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »