Home

NBA 2K16 Freelance Info: OS Community "Wiki"

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Freelance Info: OS Community "Wiki" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2015, 10:50 PM   #65
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K16 Freelance Info: OS Community "Wiki"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Cardinal, please don't think Im requesting you do a video. I hate seeing posters do that.

Do you have any thoughts on the Mavericks freestyle? I see a bunch of pindowns, but nothing that creates many good shots.
Don't worry I will do one eventually. Yeah it just seemed like a basic motion with a lot of pindowns, but I've yet to try it out in a game.

From watching the Mavs a lot, do you think their freelance is reflective of what they do IRL?

Personally Dallas is always one of my favorite teams to use due to their unorthodox playbook with Dirk. I love their sets.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #66
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyRocks96
I don't know. Maybe something is broken on PC but half the time it won't even start up even from the designated spots and if it does it either takes too much time to develope into anything useful or people get caught on opponents while moving and the whole thing breaks down. Playart is on full and it shows everything. I always have it set up like that.

3-2 so I don't start it from a specific spot but just have AD set a pick amd fade or wait until he sets up at the high post and pass the ball to him?

Any POE's for 3-2 or Princeton? Or just go with Neutral? All my players have an IQ of B so should I go with Freelow or Motion Cuts?
3-2 extended...I will do a video eventually but yeah just kind of freelance it with some sets. Pick and Fade is money out of 3-2 extended with Davis though.

POE's are not necessary with Princeton, but for 3-2 extended I would just run through Davis. Freelance or Motion...up to you man. I haven't experimented with it much.

Also Sam made a good video of the 3-2 extended for 2k16 and 2k15...so check them out too.

Youtube
Old 11-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #67
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Pros: I never ran into shot clock issues.
It excels with great low post players.
Looks are consistent and easy to remember.
Constant movement
Can score multiple ways w/o backdoors
Great Spacing

Cons: It can get repetitive since you pretty much have to feed the post to initiate the offense, so be sure to run some of your own sets.
It can be difficult to run the offense through if you play online with guys who spam the steal button and front the post, but there are counters albeit very risky.

Everyone should give this one a try if you have any good low post players. It feels natural and fluid.

Youtube
Old 11-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #68
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
I think that the Mavs freelance is decent at creating open shots for Wes or Parsons, but it does not have much secondary action. Once the pin downs and off screens are defended, there is nothing for the offense to flow into. The initial actions are nice, but there is nothing to back it up.
Yep, I agree 100%. When I was in scrimmage, I spent 30 minutes finding angles and trigger points but there was nothing that made me want to come back to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
From watching the Mavs a lot, do you think their freelance is reflective of what they do IRL?

Personally Dallas is always one of my favorite teams to use due to their unorthodox playbook with Dirk. I love their sets.
Perhaps I havent explored it properly, but it doesnt feel like them at all.

The Mavs have lots of things happening on the weakside and rely on precise timing. The ball doesnt stick, and there's lots of catch and go. That's why Carlisle uses lots of 3 guard line ups. This freestyle often features big to big passing and then them standing around outside the arc. Strange choice.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
3-2 extended...I will do a video eventually but yeah just kind of freelance it with some sets. Pick and Fade is money out of 3-2 extended with Davis though.

POE's are not necessary with Princeton, but for 3-2 extended I would just run through Davis. Freelance or Motion...up to you man. I haven't experimented with it much.

Also Sam made a good video of the 3-2 extended for 2k16 and 2k15...so check them out too.
Thanks a lot. Should be woman though not man . Anyhow, could you by any chance provide me with a link to the 3 out extended video? I googled and checked youtube but came up empty.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #70
Banned

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you set these free lance offenses? Or is it something the game just "freelances" as you dribble into certain positions?
Old 11-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #71
Banned

I tried to run some stuff via scrimmage but I can't bring up the freelance offenses in MyGM's scrimmage. Does anyone know why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #72
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchkvhu
So this may be a dumb question, but how do you set these free lance offenses? Or is it something the game just "freelances" as you dribble into certain positions?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzcJ...m35yXC&index=2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »