Home

My iso nightmare

This is a discussion on My iso nightmare within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: My iso nightmare

Defense is a joke in this game, especially lateral d lol. The right stick seems to be a good way of getting blown by. Contact animations are non existent unless the cpu is guarding. I've played many people like him. When I first picked the game up I was raving about how sim it was but the honeymoon is over. I'll wait till the patch to give it another whirl. Back to MGSV till then.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Honestly, it's just hard to defend one on one with even the tiniest amount of input lag. By the time you're where you need to be, they're already moving somewhere else.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Certain players on this game, Curry and Harden and etc, you can't actually got the double animation all the time, they dribble out of it.

Anyway....

Man you messed up. I cheese people like that right back.

Rockets don't have shooters anyway.

What you do is, run 3-2 zone, put it on forced direction on middle, double on drive and trap him everything he gets the ball. And defense helps on Auto and neutral aggression.

You have Tony Allen and Mike Conley, I would just trap with them everything time and I would trap every single ballhandler, when he is coming up the court. I would switch between 32, 23 and full court trap.

When players start getting on my nerves, that's the type of stuff I do.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #28
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

My biggest issue is damn James Harden shouldn't be dunking like that. First and foremost.

2nd, I would have put someone with length on him, gave him space and doubled that dude the whole game.

Do you feel less SIM if you double one player the whole game? Honest question.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #29
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Not sure how effective it is this year, but a real nice aggressive defense I liked to use in '15 was the half court trap. I used it sparingly to keep my opponent from only using one player.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:39 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
Certain players on this game, Curry and Harden and etc, you can't actually got the double animation all the time, they dribble out of it.

Anyway....

What you do is, run 3-2 zone, put it on forced direction on middle, double on drive and trap him everything he gets the ball. And defense helps on Auto and neutral aggression.

You have Tony Allen and Mike Conley, I would just trap with them everything time and I would trap every single ballhandler, when he is coming up the court. I would switch between 32, 23 and full court trap.

I've become the same way. At that point there's no honor or decorum to be kept. I switch from trying to have fun playing basketball to having fun playing a game and beating them at what they do.

Hopefully after the next batch of patches we really will be able to solve these types of issues with "basketball solutions".
Old 10-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #31
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
I've become the same way. At that point there's no honor or decorum to be kept. I switch from trying to have fun playing basketball to having fun playing a game and beating them at what they do.

Hopefully after the next batch of patches we really will be able to solve these types of issues with "basketball solutions".
This is why I can never play online. This is completely unacceptable to me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #32
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool

Anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
My biggest issue is damn James Harden shouldn't be dunking like that. First and foremost.

2nd, I would have put someone with length on him, gave him space and doubled that dude the whole game.

Do you feel less SIM if you double one player the whole game? Honest question.
I keep seeing the same type of post. That didn't double team and force to the middle. I uploaded some more clips. Just so people can see what I was seeing.

https://youtu.be/hUjU4kxikpI

Some bump steals I got on him. Only run I made during the game.
https://youtu.be/_mt75ASB6Jw
Or
https://youtu.be/BPtejzx9MVg

Best part about this. Is that there is way more clips.... Because he did it over and over lol
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-27-2015 at 04:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »