Home

My iso nightmare

This is a discussion on My iso nightmare within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
My iso nightmare

Last week I posted a thread about my nightmare with a user who ran pick and run every single time down the floor (ended in a win). Today thread is about the changes that were made called “tweaks”. I have nothing against the guys I play online (2k let them play like this). I just want someone to tell what am I supposed to do in these situations. In a lot of these clips you will see I tried everything. I left a lot more out. My opponent not only won this game. But he beat me like a drum. It was close early on. But he pulled away in the 3rd or 4th quarter. After this game I was streaming pissed. I hadn’t felt like this in a while. All I’m trying to gather here. What could I have done? I’ve never seen someone drive baseline this many times. If Tony Allen wasn’t on him, it was an automatic blow by. And I know what people are going to say. This is James Harden like. He gets to the line a lot. So all the fouls make sense. There were times where I was just bring my players into the paint. And not press anything. And Harden would suck players into a foul animation. Harden never got tried. He played the whole game….. Actually the starters played the whole game!!! Even when I backed off this guy to shoot. He would drive. The best skill this guy had was dribbling. But only with James Harden. Even passes the ball up on open lanes.

Harden baseline blow by dunk - Mike Conley defending

This was after he had did this for the first 12 points.
Harden baseline drive dunk - Green defending

He did it again. The defender letting him gets by me. Even though I was playing on ball defense.
Harden baseline drive - double team jump ball

This is the 2 of the only successful stops I had on him all game. The other was a block shot after playing off ball defense with Gasol.
Harden baseline drive - Allen flop

These are those moments…. Where a man is tested inside.
Harden baseline drive blow by

Just another of the long line of baseline drives that I could not do anything.
Harden baseline drive - 3 defenders another spin layup

I finally get the numbers in my favor. I’m like finally getting a stop….. But….spin layup…..WTF… Just happen.
Harden baseline drive buzzer beater

Most people would of probably quit after this….Even the collision detection quit on this possession. Because he goes through both teammate and his own player.
Harden bail out call - Green defense

And then these started to happen…. The more I played off ball. The more he got by my defenders. But not only that…. But he would suck my defenders into fouls. Over and over and over again. In the play above… I did jump myself. But I thought this was clean.
Harden bail out - Gasol defense

After what happens in the clip before…. I literally don’t press anything to see if I can at least get a contest animation….. I was wrong again…He gets again foul again….
Harden spin move - Gasol flopping?

Another spin move in heavy traffic.
Harden bailout - Gasol defense

If you haven’t noticed yet… I’m playing zone defense. At this point I wanted to see if he would seriously think about passing the ball to a teammate.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-26-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: My iso nightmare

None of my answers are great because help defense is still too slow in most of these situations (or results in a 3 second defense call, grrrr.) Baseline is better than it was in 2k15 in that I can very occasionally stop a drive or force a turnover, but it is still pretty broken.

Was he shooting jumpers at all? Stepback threes? You might want to play a step further away from him to cut off angles better.

Was he trying to drive middle at all? If not, maybe shade baseline since your help defense will be better able to rotate to the middle of the floor?
Old 10-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Since he kept going baseline I would have then throw Allen on, force him middle, and go off ball and maybe throw a few double teams here and there.

Either way I hate players that play like this.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:04 AM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Since he kept going baseline I would have then throw Allen on, force him middle, and go off ball and maybe throw a few double teams here and there.

Either way I hate players that play like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
None of my answers are great because help defense is still too slow in most of these situations (or results in a 3 second defense call, grrrr.) Baseline is better than it was in 2k15 in that I can very occasionally stop a drive or force a turnover, but it is still pretty broken.

Was he shooting jumpers at all? Stepback threes? You might want to play a step further away from him to cut off angles better.

Was he trying to drive middle at all? If not, maybe shade baseline since your help defense will be better able to rotate to the middle of the floor?
Sorry I didn't mention that..... But I did.... No matter what I did.... He was still able to get to the freaking baseline. On-ball or off ball defense. With Middle.... I put gap at one point. And he still didn't shoot. He just came at me. And scored basket after basket.... Going baseline. Aqt one point he drove at Allen and even got a blocking foul on Allen. The only other stop besides the 2 I mention was a charge that the CPU got.

It really bothers me that he just drove pass me like I wasn't even there. I feel really bad because last week. I was able to play guys liek this. But after playing a game like this. I haven't played a game since that day.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-26-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #5
MVP

He basically did the same thing over and over and over because it worked!
You could try different things, like give him space or double team the ball out of harden

At least why you didn't try 2-3 zone?

If one move against your opponent is working on any possesion and you opponent is unable to guard him, why would you change it?

In real life basketball if you a team would score e.g with a pick'n' roll all game, would the say, "oh I have to score with another way too"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
You could try different things, like give him space or double team the ball out of harden

If one move against your opponent is working on any possesion and you opponent is unable to guard him, why would you change it?

In real life basketball if you a team would score e.g with a pick'n' roll all game, would the say, "oh I have to score with another way too"?
Hey.... I did try 2-3.... Did you read my post? He made one jump shot. With the shot clock against him. You'll notice some of the plays are 2-3 zone defense. But that didn't stop him. He just kept getting fouls on my center. I even tried the whole left stick back with the right stick up (for the hands up animation). He still would stuck my players into a foul animation.

I'm not asking him to try something different. But every time I double teamed It wouldn't do anything. He would make a pass. And a teammate would get a dunk. Or if that didn't work. He would just pass it out and re try it again.

Before the tweaks... I could foul on call. And I usually did when I didn't want to allow an easy basket. Now I don't even control when the fouls happen. I just get sucked into them now.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

So you didn't read his entire post...

This isn't real life it's a basketball game and you can only control one guy at a time. It's manipulating a plastic controller in your hand. People act like you are actually on a court. A video game has exploits that are game flaws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

Quote:
But one guy I haven't figured all the way out yet is James Harden. He's pretty crafty. I'm not impressed with his ball-handling, but his finishing skills are scary. Even though he's lefty, if he goes right he's going to put the ball out and get the foul. It's kind of tough because you don't want to get a foul called. And once you get your first or second foul, you kind of ease up
Tony Allen on guarding Harden
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...015716521.html

Regardless driving the the basket everytime shouldn't be success even for harden. 2k should fixed this

Last edited by Dmanning2; 10-26-2015 at 10:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »