Home

Pro Am walk on.

This is a discussion on Pro Am walk on. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pro Am walk on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennewman1989
You can see from the picture I'm not too bothered about scoring, I'll happily get assists but when you play with those sort of guys we are on about its just Kobe ball and you get bypassed. I want to play basketball not run and jack up contested shots every play. Let's face it as well the game are a good fifteen minutes and that **** gets boring real fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Something else I might suggest is playing some All Star Team Up games. You will still run into plenty of "hero ballers," but I've noticed a few more team-first players in that mode. Take note of guys who play how you want your teammates to play and see if they want to hit up Pro-Am sometime.

Shoot, I have a group who plays together a decent amount. We're all getting older and busier with school/work/life, but we still play 2-4 times a week most weeks.

"PSN: Pokes404" if you have trouble finding a group to play with and want to run some games with us. We all play team ball.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

If you pass the ball, just know, it isn't coming back! Playing with randoms is rarely fun and mostly frustrating. It definitely puts teamwork into perspective, almost no matter how well you play, whether you are a big man and shut down your matchup and grab a bunch of rebounds, or if you are a guard and make good passes, you will most likely lose if your teammates are just chucking shots and not helping out defensively. Send game & friend invites to good teammates.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I agree op, I'm a 7' inside center but the only time I get to touch the ball is on rebounds lol. I've almost gotten used to that tho because that's the way it's been for the last 2 years at least
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #12
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

I play like I try to play in real life as an opportunist. There's times where I will drop over 10 and times I won't hit 5. In every walk-on game I've played, I was always the top rebounder, usually outrebounding higher overall players as well unless I'm forced to play perimeter defense and two crappy 7'3" centers are duking it out to get under the basket for boards. I favor the win over any personal stats, as long as I do my job. The lowest teammate grade I've had was an A. My only problem with Pro-Am walk-on is the tactics people use to try and score and play defense. It's impossible to play the post the way I want with people going to get offensive rebounds upon my catch or everyone rushing to me mashing the steal button.

But Pro-Am has been very fun for me. I definitely see you guys' complaints as not wanting to play as a walk-on.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Your a part of an entire community who likes to oaky the right way, use them!!
Old 10-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #14
MVP

jk31's Arena

You should look for people to play with. Don't use this Walk On crap. Create a Team, invite people you know that want to play (here in this forum there are many people searching for teams/teammates...) and then just go in there as a team of 3 to 5 players.
If you're 5 guys? Good! If you're just 3 guys? You will get AI players to fill out your team. And they are most of the times better than 99 OVR hero ballers....
Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #15
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

The first thing that sucks is I made a 6'4 pass first point guard yet I always get stuck playing the 3 or 4.

I usually end up going for like 6 points and 10 assist on 3/5 shooting bc I don't just look to jack up contested shots every possession.

Playing walk on sucks I just have no team to join though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #16
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Just played my 1st Pro Am game. I'm a center and had 22 points and 20 REBOUNDS!!!

I was just playing with randomd & literally I scored 18 points off offensive rebounds and put backs. I could of had 40 if anyone passed me a couple. I think I was the only player in the game (other team included) that had an A teammate grade.
PS4: Nothing currently

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »