Home

Does anyone else think flagrant fouls are stupid and need to be removed from the game

This is a discussion on Does anyone else think flagrant fouls are stupid and need to be removed from the game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anyone else think flagrant fouls are stupid and need to be removed from the game

I've been in some tight games where out of nowhere a big will commit a good foul on a driving opponent which ends up being a flagrant. This is just a total buzzkill to the momentum of the game.

Since there's no way to intentionally bulldoze players on defense and commit flagrant fouls on purpose, I believe flagrant fouls should be removed from the game... it's just like being randomly penalized... anyone else feel this way ?

Next we know, they're gonna have random technical fouls being called on Cousins throughout the course of the game for arguing with refs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Does anyone else think flagrant fouls are stupid and need to be removed from the

no

(10 char.)
Old 10-26-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Does anyone else think flagrant fouls are stupid and need to be removed from the

I'm sure coaches don't ask their players to flagrant in real life either... but it still happens. No idea why they would take this out of the game.

Edit: If anything they need to add things like flagrant 2s, as those aren't in the game.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 10-26-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

No. This adds an extra dimension and some dynamics to the game.
In the real NBA, I'm sure coaches and players get annoyed when a player on their team commits a dumb flagrant foul causing them to lose the game. This adds that variable to the game that makes you it interesting.

Besides; there are many games in an NBA season. A flagrant foul that causes you to lose the game should be something you are ready to handle if you are a good team. It shouldn't have an outcome on the overall season or playoffs if you are a solid, good team and you are playing well overall.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #5
Banned

I agree, they need to go. It's a conflicting thing, because I want everything that's in a real NBA game to be in 2k. However, there's not a realistic way to implement it, so keep it out. I lost money because of this playing VS a friend. I almost lost more when I nearly threw the controller at the wall.

There are times when you want a hard foul, but get a soft one, giving up and ones. Then there are times when you just want to contest a shot, yet you get a flagrant foul. There needs to be a way to differentiate the two before I would want flagrant fouls in the game.

I would normally say yes, keep them in, but when you get them from just contesting a shot inside without using triangle (Y) or R2, there's a problem.

Last edited by PeteCarrollsMom; 10-26-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Man.. your on fire today... I thought my post about ISO Harden was too much lol.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
No. This adds an extra dimension and some dynamics to the game.
In the real NBA, I'm sure coaches and players get annoyed when a player on their team commits a dumb flagrant foul causing them to lose the game. This adds that variable to the game that makes you it interesting.

Besides; there are many games in an NBA season. A flagrant foul that causes you to lose the game should be something you are ready to handle if you are a good team. It shouldn't have an outcome on the overall season or playoffs if you are a solid, good team and you are playing well overall.

I do agree that it adds a sense of realism to the game, but in real life flagrant fouls are often either malicious or for a hard foul intended to totally prevent a scoring opportunity. I guess I just wish there were more of a way to control how hard a foul is being committed. Sometimes I'm just trying to contest a shot with hands up and the CPU shoves the opponent to the floor... if we could intentionally do a hard foul or wrap-around i would be more OK with flagrant fouls in the game..
Old 10-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Man.. your on fire today... I thought my post about ISO Harden was too much lol.
this game really elicits some road-rage like emotions, doesnt it? haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »