Home

Having trouble beating CPU in Domination - off ball defense

This is a discussion on Having trouble beating CPU in Domination - off ball defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Having trouble beating CPU in Domination - off ball defense

I've recently started myteam and playing the domination mode. As sad as it is to say...... I have been stuck on the Jazz for the past 3 attempts. I have a very decent lineup and usually have no trouble scoring on the CPU...

... the problem is that I absolutely cannot stop the CPU from scoring. Why? Because I notice that if I play good on-ball D, the CPU creates artificial scoring opportunities by distracting my teammates on defense and allowing for stupid easy cuts to the basket. Even a teammate like Jimmy Butler will be on the perimeter, turn away from his assignment, and give them a 2 second window to cut.

This seems to account for over 70% of my CPU opponents' points and is pretty frustrating. Does anyone have any advice for how to beat this? Am I supposed to play off-ball defense the entire game and just pay attention to the whole court looking for potential weaknesses/picks being set up/missed assignments?

Last edited by jbl33333; 10-26-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Re: Having trouble beating CPU in Domination - off ball defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl33333
I've recently started myteam and playing the domination mode. As sad as it is to say...... I have been stuck on the Jazz for the past 3 attempts. I have a very decent lineup and usually have no trouble scoring on the CPU...

... the problem is that I absolutely cannot stop the CPU from scoring. Why? Because I notice that if I play good on-ball D, the CPU creates artificial scoring opportunities by distracting my teammates on defense and allowing for stupid easy cuts to the basket. Even a teammate like Jimmy Butler will be on the perimeter, turn away from his assignment, and give them a 2 second window to cut.

This seems to account for over 70% of my CPU opponents' points and is pretty frustrating. Does anyone have any advice for how to beat this? Am I supposed to play off-ball defense the entire game and just pay attention to the whole court looking for potential weaknesses/picks being set up/missed assignments?
Those cuts to the basket happen in about every game mode.

i haven't lost a game of domination yet.

My advice is to get a good defensive big on your team and protect the rim like nobody's business.

I got Mozgov as a starting card, so that helped. I would get Ibaka if you can. He's dirt cheap in the auction house and is well worth it.

But yea, try to spot were the AI is about to mess up and switch to a player to combat it. It's about the only recourse you have to these plays.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl33333

In short NO... You basically have to play off ball because the dumb cpu ai logic has no sense of see the man-see the ball

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Really? Domination is so easy it's a joke. Right now I'm on Detroit and every game before that I regularly shot 60+% just working the post and running on the CPU. Dropped 30+ with Brook Lopez one game as well.

Anyone know what difficulty it's on?
Old 10-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

you're playing domination wrong...at least not how 2K wants you to play it. You have to let the CPU try to score so they don't hold the ball long or double them so they turn ball over which is rare for them to do. Domination is all about fast pace arcade like game play if you want to get all your points and rewards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Really? Domination is so easy it's a joke. Right now I'm on Detroit and every game before that I regularly shot 60+% just working the post and running on the CPU. Dropped 30+ with Brook Lopez one game as well.

Anyone know what difficulty it's on?
it get's harder as you go up since you have to meet a certain amount of points.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »