Home

Personal confession from a 2k Vet *Regarding Crowd, Atmosphere

This is a discussion on Personal confession from a 2k Vet *Regarding Crowd, Atmosphere within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

plyrically's Arena

OVR: 6
Personal confession from a 2k Vet *Regarding Crowd, Atmosphere

Haven't really found a more efficient thread which would serve the purpose of this.

Hey, I'm Phil. Been playing the 2k series jealously since 2k3, don't have anything but appreciation and a major mass of devoutness, for anything that has to do with it. I reminisce on the thrill I had with the variety of post-up moves I could pull up with CWebb (and miss the layup at the clutch, placebo) in 2k4.

I live in Israel, half american, and I've been buying the game on release date perennially.

NBA 2k16 does preserve the legacy; amazing experience, and I buy the console solely for playing basketball. (no video games @Czar)

I'm not going to delve into too much information. Last week I had a face-to-face match-up with a friend who plays pro ball here in Israel (American). I was the Blazers, he played the Pacers. PG24 was scorching. Lillard was distributing, blazers down 2 with 4 mins to-go, Moda Center (We all know how passionate the Blazers are about their Rose, the red franchise) on its feet. CJ steals the ball, E Davis goes for the fastbreak nasty tomahawk. Blazers tie it up. He throws the controller away, i'm psyched. The crowd? Silence.

I ended up winning by 8. On a fourth quarter comeback, the scene I just described (Silence) repeated itself 4 times like a bad rehearsal. All I had missing was Simon Cowell.

We planned on playing another game, but we haven't. It was a mixture of surprise and disappointment.

Let's take care of the silence guys. (ASAP) we all know how well ya'll can serve a ground breaking symphony.

Let us make some noise. Whoever had the same experience- make a sound, comment. Every voice counts.

Thank you.
You won't always be the best shooter. You won't always be the best rebounder, or defender, either. What you can always do the best though, is play hard. Once you do that, Everything else will take care of itself.

Last edited by plyrically; 10-26-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Personal confession from a 2k Vet *Regarding Crowd, Atmosphere

Man years ago I remember calling this a sound bug but it turns out it's something they can't seem to fix.

I don't know....we seem to get sound atmosphere threads yearly. 2k does try though and there are times that the crowd is on point. The crowd seems to disappear in later quarters....
Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

I swear The Show has this same problem, where sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not, and in NHL16 the crowd's reaction to goals is pathetic (you had one job, sound guy).

We've come a long way from the PS2 & early PS3 days but there doesn't seem to be any improvement in this area so far this gen. Disappointing.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:04 AM   #4
Rookie

tb24ster's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with you on all points!We Need to make some noise . Let 2k know we need this fixed in the game asap! Cmon 2K! Whose Job is it to work on Sound?

Last edited by tb24ster; 10-27-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:22 AM   #5
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

I thought I heard 2K fixed the crowd atmosphere this year... really disappointing that's it still so bad. I could drop 100 points in a quarter and the crowd would act as if each shot was my very first shot in the game.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 12:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can't you change the audio settings in the options to fit your taste?
Old 10-27-2015, 12:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Everything as above.

Playoff games deep in the 4th sound like a closed practice. This, for mine, has become worse since the last patch (PS4).

It's not a deal breaker*, but it certainly hurts the immersion and realism.

* for me. We're all different.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:35 AM   #8
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTaylor
Can't you change the audio settings in the options to fit your taste?
You can turn the volume up to 1000 if you want but that's not gonna stop the crowd from having bad, improper, or even no reactions.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »