Home

You may not.....

This is a discussion on You may not..... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2015, 04:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
You may not.....

Like how the game plays online but the game, with slider adjustments, can be made to play out in most any manner one could want. Need more defense and interior protection? Jack those defensive sliders up WAY up, all of them if necessary. CPU sticking to you like glue? Drop CPU on ball d OR lateral quicks. Cant make a three? Increase 3's slider and make it rain!

I just want to let the online people know that your issues are yours, and yours solely because all these threads highlighting all these gameplay deficiencies are frankly making the game come off as being **** and the game is anything but ****.

So there, you online folks may be laboring to enjoy this game but us offline people have NEVER been happier. My major point, however, is that no, the game is not broken, doesnt need a 1000 TB patch, and is slider responsive. Of course, one would have to play mostly offline to know these things. Your 2k world may be going helter skelter but mine is doing just fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 05:16 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: You may not.....

I agree that offline is awesome. But we shouldnt gloat. Online gamers are a huge part of the 2K community.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:54 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SiegHeil88
Like how the game plays online but the game, with slider adjustments, can be made to play out in most any manner one could want. Need more defense and interior protection? Jack those defensive sliders up WAY up, all of them if necessary. CPU sticking to you like glue? Drop CPU on ball d OR lateral quicks. Cant make a three? Increase 3's slider and make it rain!

I just want to let the online people know that your issues are yours, and yours solely because all these threads highlighting all these gameplay deficiencies are frankly making the game come off as being **** and the game is anything but ****.

So there, you online folks may be laboring to enjoy this game but us offline people have NEVER been happier. My major point, however, is that no, the game is not broken, doesnt need a 1000 TB patch, and is slider responsive. Of course, one would have to play mostly offline to know these things. Your 2k world may be going helter skelter but mine is doing just fine.
Couldn't agree more.

That said, even if the game played this way online too, I still wouldn't touch it - you can have a perfect game, but that won't stop people from playing it poorly just to garner a victory.

Absolutely loving how this game plays with slider adjustments and a custom roster.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

sliders is not fixing the horrible transition D and how dumb your AI teammates are when facing the CPU. Sliders will not fix the AI from passing like Magic. Sliders will not stop the CPU from shooting 2ft cheese jumpers inside the paint with a hand in their face. Offline has a lot of issues that sliders can't fix. The game needs patched.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
sliders is not fixing the horrible transition D and how dumb your AI teammates are when facing the CPU. Sliders will not fix the AI from passing like Magic. Sliders will not stop the CPU from shooting 2ft cheese jumpers inside the paint with a hand in their face. Offline has a lot of issues that sliders can't fix. The game needs patched.

What this person said 4 x 25, no the game is not **** but it still have issues and I only person off line on the default setting the game ships with, and I get mad at the game more than I enjoy it, I can live with a player playing good defense, but no big man should be able to force kyrie to pick up his dribble, or when that player sliding to stop me from driving or am on a full Sprite and for some reason my player happens to slow down so the cpu catches up, yea I think that's a issue that needs to be fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 07:12 AM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

There's things that simply need to be patched.

There's also things that sliders can remedy until then.

I love the fact we have sliders but I'm not a fan of changing a lot of them. If I can see a difference with the slight slider changes I make I know guys are seeing even better results changing a few. You can type as many lists out as you want on the forum, but if your doing that instead of tweaking the game to your liking that's your problem TBH. Fact is, certain dudes are going to play their role even after the patch...we all know how that goes...same thing every year.

That said,

Online is in need of a patch since there's not much we can change there, and I'm definitely looking forward to it....
Old 10-27-2015, 07:25 AM   #7
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
A lot of the things you mention can be changed by going into roster editor and modifying player tendencies/attributes.

Kareem wasn't posting up and using the sky hook much - I changed his tendencies and bang, problem solved. Doesn't do it all the time, of course, but you can alter these things without needing a 'patch'.

Again, it's not perfect, but 2k give us the tools to change things to our liking.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #8
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree somewhat but let's not pretend like sliders automatically solve every issue. When I turn up defensive awareness & consistency, my team still frequently makes boneheaded decisions.. There has to be an underlying issue with the game only a patch could fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »