Home

The new "steal" tactic. SMH

This is a discussion on The new "steal" tactic. SMH within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The new "steal" tactic. SMH

I think jeebs actually thinks its fine
Old 10-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm just recently starting to play online, and because of my play style I hadn't encountered the bump steals very much. But since I have began playing online more often I see just how much of a huge addition these bumps steals actually are.

I just played a Grizzlies user who was trying his best to force his way into the paint with either Randolph or Gasol and my positioning and clogged paint actually mattered.

4-1 so far, 3-0 with the pistons. Lol thanks 2k.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #51
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Jeebs to be fair you drove to the defender doing a behind the back dribble where the ball is more live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think jeebs actually thinks its fine
What he said...

I mean just look at this guy. I posted this already in this thread. But I wish I could post the whole game. But I had basically put GAP on all players. I literally was giving him the jumper. And he still driving into the lane

Yea... So please.... I love it. Don't change a thing.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-30-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
And to me, this would be some really lame gameplay. No offense. U guys want to play off percentages. I want to play off ratings. The reason I don't agree with playing off real life percentages because that's noting but scripted game play. Meaning this, u can play no defense and leave Curry open all game because u already know he's only going to hit 40% or so. And that's lame. U want percentages to cover for ur lack of defense. No!! How about u play ur own defense and stop depending on the law of average. If u want me to miss, well make me miss with a hand up. Not me missing because some percentage says I can't hit 4 out of 5 even with good looks. So little do u and ur comrades realize, but playing based on real life percentages is NOT SIM EITHER.
Ratings are based off percentages. Curry shoots 50%+ when wide open in real life and should do so in game. There's no in-game mechanic that says Curry shoots 40% regardless of situation, nor should there be, nor has anyone asked for that.

Sim folks who cite percentages want accurate results for the precise situation the game models, not some generic percentage that doesn't factor any context in. The game should model the success rates for the exact situation in real life and cover all variables and complexities.

Saying you don't care about percentages basically amounts to not caring about objectivity and preferring uninformed, casual subjective evaluations like "he shouldn't miss cause he's really good and stuff". Sims can't be built this way, because the next person can say "well Dellavedova shuts Curry down so Curry should miss like everything anytime they match up". You know how we know that's not objectively true?

Percentages.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #53
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Ratings are based off percentages. Curry shoots 50%+ when wide open in real life and should do so in game. There's no in-game mechanic that says Curry shoots 40% regardless of situation, nor should there be, nor has anyone asked for that.

Sim folks who cite percentages want accurate results for the precise situation the game models, not some generic percentage that doesn't factor any context in. The game should model the success rates for the exact situation in real life and cover all variables and complexities.

Saying you don't care about percentages basically amounts to not caring about objectivity and preferring uninformed, casual subjective evaluations like "he shouldn't miss cause he's really good and stuff". Sims can't be built this way, because the next person can say "well Dellavedova shuts Curry down so Curry should miss like everything anytime they match up". You know how we know that's not objectively true?

Percentages.
I totally agree with you.... But wrong thread...
Old 10-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
So, looks like we have a new form of stealing the ball. No need to even pressed the steal button, unless it's a big posting up. Its simple now, if u want the ball from a guard/wing, just run up against them the right way and it's a good chance they are losing the ball. But don't bump, just sort of run up against them sideways. And oh, the closer they are to the paint the greater ur chances. It works because I just lost the ball 10X's online to this tactic. So I started doin it to my opponent and sure enough Tony Parker coughs it up with 2 seconds to go and I win by one for the cheesy win.

The more I play this game the more I ............

Ok here are some tips um

If they do it fullcourt then protect the ball and dont try to out turbo them, pressing LT is so easy this year homie.

If they like to do it when you drive use your spin and hopstep layups and dont try to dribble past the free throw line. Sometimes you dont even have to do a layup out of the spin and hopstep just penetrate the d and pass out. Hope they dont rip those tho.

Im guessing you wanted tips bc maybe you are doing something wrong............you are..... if you loss the ball continuously to the same bs tatic. Slow the game down and take your time if your not a paint turbo cheeser.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 10-30-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #55
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Ok here are some tips um

If they do it fullcourt then protect the ball and dont try to out turbo them, pressing LT is so easy this year homie.

If they like to do it when you drive use your spin and hopstep layups and dont try to dribble past the free throw line. Sometimes you dont even have to do a layup out of the spin and hopstep just penetrate the d and pass out. Hope they dont rip those tho.

Im guessing you wanted tips bc maybe you are doing something wrong............you are..... if you loss the ball continuously to the same bs tatic. Slow the game down and take your time if your not a paint turbo cheeser.
Well said.....

But why drive in this situation? There are 4 players in the paint. Your teammates are still on the other side of the court. The best play that can come out of this situation is making a pass to Love who is cutting. But that's a bad play with 4 guys in the paint. The best play here is to pull out and run some offense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Why drive.jpg (137.2 KB, 36 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 04:02 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Well said.....

But why drive in this situation? There are 4 players in the paint. Your teammates are still on the other side of the court. The best play that can come out of this situation is making a pass to Love who is cutting. But that's a bad play with 4 guys in the paint. The best play here is to pull out and run some offense.

..........I was responding to madmancometh not your video bruh, relax yo.

Plus in your video there is not 4 ppl in the paint there's 2 JEEBS. Plus I wouldnt do EITHER bc I wouldnt rush down court like that anyway off a baseline inbound LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »