Home

Why it should be Ratings over Real Life %........

This is a discussion on Why it should be Ratings over Real Life %........ within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 09:01 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why it should be Ratings over Real Life %........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is what it comes down to. Even the worst user in the world is still controlling an NBA team, and unless they are just purposefully moving their players out of the way to give up scores, there is going to be a modicum of defense that limits the offensive success.

By the same token, even for the User with the best stick skills, not taking into account using clear exploits in the game, there is a ceiling to how much success they can have because they are controlling representations of real human beings who still will fail X percentage of the time regardless of the inferiority of the defense.

They need to create a custom online mode with just User created players and with realistic human limitations on abilities so that the OP and others of his ilk can bask in the glory of their own magnificence, i.e., shoot 85%-90% against unworthy foes.
Nobody said nothing about shooting 90%. LOL. Let's read people. It's not that hard. Seriously it's not.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 1
Why it should be Ratings over Real Life %........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Nevermind guy. Ur making a simple question more than what it is. Ur goin above and beyond. Relax. Ur not on a job interview here lol.

U missed the point dude. Maybe u should go back and re-read some things again. It's like u guys comprehend 10% of something then fill in the other 90% with ur own thoughts.

I gave the short version of how the shooting model works. And should work. And how Mike is fixing the very issue you have problem with because of the sim approach.

What part of that did you not understand?

And no, the shooting model is not scripted in the way you think it is. It's based on contextual ratings/badges influence by real percentages (for the most part).

If there is any "scripting" it's in momentum effects which seem less overpowering this year.

Oh, and Steph just missed another open three.

And another one.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-30-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Dude, u are talking to someone who has played 295 games online. I may be 3xs better than u are. I have seen a ton of defenses online and cheese. But to me, the nature of the game is that of a script game, based off RL% so when the game is over and the numbers look life-like, then it gives the illusion that 2k16 Is a SIM game.
LMAO. I don't know what's better the online bravado or the pure lack of logic. Congrats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 11:12 PM   #52
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

There's literally no way to answer this question that he's gonna accept......you're asking the wrong people if u want the hard coded science of how shooting is figured in the game.....no one on OS will know for 100% sure......talk to beluba if u want that type of answer but don't get defensive with dudes when they're giving u their opinion on the answer to a question u posted on a public forum.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2015, 11:25 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
And again, is that speculation? Or is there some concrete data? Just cause some "Joe" or "bill" say something is so doesn't mean I believe that.

Mike Wang has posted in these forums many times. The ratings are the roster makers opinion of real life percentage. If you play with shot timing your timing has a greater influence on the results. If you play real percentage the rating is more relevant. Hot zones and hot streaks play a part too.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:26 PM   #54
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
LMAO. I don't know what's better the online bravado or the pure lack of logic. Congrats.
And like 2 pages back he was telling a guy don't attack him and his skill at the game then he turns around and does it to someone lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2015, 12:10 AM   #55
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

.....I just want that meme of pricipal Skinner from the Simpsons. "Could it be that I'm the one out of touch? No. No. It's the children who are out of touch."

Seriously, this question has been answered 15 ways to Sunday and dude still keeps asking. You keep asking after getting the same answer like you expect it to change, friend. It's not. This is SIM. It means players will reflect real life. Curry can hit ridiculous shots, just not every one you chuck up.

You're not going to get what you want, and doing the same thing over and over again expecting the result to change is LITERALLY the definition of insanity.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 12:49 AM   #56
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Just a few notes. I don't recall ever saying that user timing has any impact when shooting is set to Real FG%, because it doesn't. That is, unless you count other external factors (like defensive pressure) changing or not releasing the shot button at all causing travel violations. With Real FG%, the shot timing modifiers for early, perfect or late release are completely ignored.

As stated by many in this thread, Real FG% is only an offline option. User timing is always factored in for all online modes. There is one difference with user timing between offline and online... online, I don't punish you for very early/late as harshly as I do for offline. That's to compensate for online latency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »