Home

Why it should be Ratings over Real Life %........

This is a discussion on Why it should be Ratings over Real Life %........ within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

I know a lot of u want to play off real life percentages. I want to play off ratings. The reason why I don't agree with the theory of real life percentages is because that inhibits scripted game play. Meaning, u can play some very mediocre defense, and I can't punish u or light u up for it because of real life percentages. U can leave Curry open all game, and basically get away with it because he's only going to hit 42% or so. That's scripted game play. That's a lesser user, being allowed to avoid
A sure blowout because of the law of real life percentages. Therefore, in essence, that's NOT sim. Would u agree? Do teams play Curry and GoldenState with mild defense and leave guys open in real life and get away with it? NO! So should users benefit and get away with it in the game. That's why I prefer a "ratings matter" game play. U leave a guy open all game, u pay the price. U want to go for the steal on curry in the backcourt and I beat u up court u should pay the price.

For the online users with good stick skills, ever wonder why this year that majority of ur online games are typically close? More and more 5 point wins right? This Is partially why. The average Joe u know u normally would blow out is much harder now because of this RL %, which inhibits a more scripted game play atmosphere, regardless of how much better u are over the other user. That's not sim folks. Thats a script. This all hit me recently when I was playing some mediocre defense online the other day. I left Harden open a few times. And he hit 2, and miss like 3 or 4 in a row. And each time he shot I felt it was a good chance he would miss because of RL % . If u want guys to miss, then play real defense and put a hand up. I think this is a big reason why elite shooters is missing more so this year, than in other literations.

Last edited by MadManCometh; 10-30-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Why it should be Ratings over Real Life %........

Is real life % even activated online? I'm almost certain it's offline only

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
Banned

I don't know for sure. But it certainly feels like it. I play with the Warriors and all the games are close. Played almost 300 games online and maybe 8 of them were blowouts. I can never get hot and shoot a high percentage even when left open and regardless If I have elite shooters. Feels like a script to me. I feel like this year in particularly, ratings don't matter as much.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #4
Banned

Real FG% is available for offline only.

It's not scripted, its simulating how that real player shoots from that spot on the floor, in that situation. This is SIM.

Taking success out of ratings and putting it into the hands of the user, makes the game perform less to the player on the courts strengths and making you the deciding factor.

Online, this is legit because of decision-making between the two users, offline...the AI can be perfect and never has to time the shot.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 10-30-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Look it's another one of those...

"I wanna shoot 60 percent from 3..."

Online Play Now is on Superstar Sim, the most realistic setting in the game.

And I don't have 5 point wins, I blow people out and make people quick more often than me having a close game...because you have to play real basketball...not just jack 3s cause you are wide open and hope they fall in.

And I play real basketball and I try to shoot at least 20 threes a game. But sometimes they don't go in and I adjust. I don't keep doing the same thing over and over again because that's how you go cold.

I am tired of these shooting complaints, making people like me that do jack up 3s all game look bad and whiny.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 10-30-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Real FG% is only offline. I still have no idea how you aren't shooting well with the Warriors of all teams online.

That guy Curry4980 or something like that on YouTube is like 123-45

Dude does NOT miss. They even boosted the %'s for wide open shots... I feel like shooting is near spot on right now.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-30-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Real FG% is only offline. I still have no idea how you aren't shooting well with the Warriors of all teams online.

That guy Curry4980 or something like that on YouTube is like 123-45

Dude does NOT miss. They even boosted the %'s for wide open shots... I feel like shooting is neat spot on right now.
Let's be real...

People that couldn't shoot when the game first started, just sucked at shooting. People that still can't shoot, even after a boost, suck at shooting.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Real FG% is available for offline only.

It's not scripted, its simulating how that real player shoots from that spot on the floor, in that situation. This is SIM.

Taking success out of ratings and putting it into the hands of the user, makes the game perform less to the player on the courts strengths and making you the deciding factor.

Online, this is legit because of decision-making between the two users, offline...the AI can be perfect and never has to time the shot.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
U have it backwards lol. Ur telling me that taking the success rates out of my hands is not sim? Here's the reason why it should not be based on real life %: It's very SIMPLE, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE. Please take a second, pause and read it again: THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE!!! There are a lot of users that don't play like real teams play. There are guys that do play poor defense and make dumb adjustments. There are users that DO play bad defense and don't know how to play defense. And they behave as so online. Yet, they get away with it becuase I can't have a high success rate beyond a certain number. U know how many ppl I play online that try that cheesy inbound steal garbage? Do teams do that IRL? No.

The other day I was playing bad defense for whatever reason. I left Harden open numerous times. He should have killed me. Didn't happen. But IRL I would have got murdered for playing that poor defense. My argument is this, give me the right to punish ppl who disregard shooters and play bad defense. I'm not saying I want TOTAL CONTROL where my bigs are swishing 3s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »