Home

2K Awarding a Mere 10k VC for Play of the Month is a JOKE.

This is a discussion on 2K Awarding a Mere 10k VC for Play of the Month is a JOKE. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Awarding a Mere 10k VC for Play of the Month is a JOKE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
Rationale like these are the reason we have the 'freemium cancer games'.

2k consistently puts out a good game. But people like you find a way to turn a positive into a negative they're giving you free VC if you win. They also have the companion app where you earn VC and the 2kTV give you a chance. Along with playing my career. Just get over it and play the game jeez smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2015, 12:07 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
No... I don't care how good the game is. The game is a monopoly, we have no basis for comparison.

2k sets the rules by clearly marketing their intent to profit from micro-transactions.

You can't simply go, 'oh, well we have no choice, the aspects of the game that I like are great, so they can do whatever they like.'

It's insult to injury to take (what is about 15% of their 2ktv show) and boast that they are offering an amazing reward for it.

Atleast 2K isn't like madden were they have a total monopoly and every put out a crappy game. And that crappy Ultimate Team mess. 2K is one of one the companies that actually listens to its consumers. The #1 job for any company is to take the consumers money. If they don't make money we have no 2K bottom line then we'd have to switch over that horrible game called NBA LIVE.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:24 AM   #11
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Wait. they are giving out 10k? and people are mad? LMFAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 12:37 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
10k VC is a lot and it takes me forever to earn it.
That's about 3 to 5 games of HOF difficulty MyCareer game checks depending on how good you are at earning accolades.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:46 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
Atleast 2K isn't like madden were they have a total monopoly and every put out a crappy game. And that crappy Ultimate Team mess. 2K is one of one the companies that actually listens to its consumers. The #1 job for any company is to take the consumers money. If they don't make money we have no 2K bottom line then we'd have to switch over that horrible game called NBA LIVE.

one of the companies that listens to its consumers.

PRO AM TOOK A MONTH AFTER LAUNCH TO BE OFFICIALLY RELEASED. (and it still doesn't work properly btw) Putting together half fixes to half of the problems isn't 'listening to their consumers'.

We all understand that businesses are in place to max profits. That's fine. But to do so by putting in place a p2w system is wrong and I can't understand why all of you are perfectly okay with this...?
Old 11-01-2015, 12:48 AM   #14
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Who cares. Only 1 guy is winning this in any given month and it probably won't be you.

That being said, the crossover that dropped two people and that park poster dunk were crazy.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
2k consistently puts out a good game. But people like you find a way to turn a positive into a negative they're giving you free VC if you win. They also have the companion app where you earn VC and the 2kTV give you a chance. Along with playing my career. Just get over it and play the game jeez smh

I'm on one of the top 20 Pro-Am teams for xbox one. I run park with my squad and we are upwards of 85% win percentage running 3/4's.

Getting VC 'playing the game', isn't the problem.

They halved the VC from the phone app.
They Patch the VC glitch as a first priority before gameplay.
They now force you to watch 2ktv to get the VC. This says something about the viewership from last year no?
Da Czar. I'm so sad when he has to talk about buying Park Cards. I would cry and quit my job if I had to do that.

But to claim they are helping the community with such a pittance reward, and to do so with the attitude that they are doing something special? It's garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 12:52 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Who cares. Only 1 guy is winning this in any given month and it probably won't be you.

That being said, the crossover that dropped two people and that park poster dunk were crazy.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
Lucky alley oop and Jamal Crawford spamming crossover animations are great basketball right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »