Home

2K16 has totally killed contested shooting

This is a discussion on 2K16 has totally killed contested shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #25
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2K16 has totally killed contested shooting

Op you got a video of the kind of shot you're taking ? How contested are you talking ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #26
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes you can. Ive hit tons of fadeaway's from the post with Parker, contested 3's with Middleton, drifting shots with Middleton, soaring layups with Giannis.... the original post wants guys to be able to hit jump shots with the shot clock winding down and a defender up in their grill. That's just not going to happen in a video game nor it should. How often in real life does an offensive player chew up the final 5 sec of the shot clock from the perimeter and jack up a shot that goes in? There's so many things that go into the % chance to make a jumpshot in this game especially considering the rubberband AI. Lets be honest, you have a better chance of hitting an open 3 when you're down 10 than up 10 and that shouldnt be the case, but it is. Now you want to ask 2K to tweak contested shots by superstars with ratings, score, timing, and randomness taking effect? Whatever, im done posting here.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #27
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Op you got a video of the kind of shot you're taking ? How contested are you talking ?
I came here to post the same thing.

OP you need to post some evidence before you present complaints.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #28
Pro

Vroman's Arena

The only contested shot which really doesn't go in is the side/back step shot which is newly featured shot with nba 2k16. Defender's recovery speed on that one is really fast and such jumpshot never works.

Pull-up shots off the dribble, post fades/stepbacks shots, leaners, faceup fadeaways, stepback off the dribble shots (right stick away while dribbling) does work with defender in the face when u time it right with the right player.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #29
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I came here to post the same thing.

OP you need to post some evidence before you present complaints.
Man, I don't need to post no damn video evidence of it happening.

It happens all the time along with other ridiculous stuff that goes along in this game so I don't need no damn video proof for ya'll....
Old 11-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #30
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

How big of a sample size are you talking about here?

Didn't Mike Wang tweak the success percentage last week?

I agree with much of this but I don't see this being accurately reflected until a major gameplay and rating change occurs it involves on ball-defense and ratings for contested, and open ratings and really possibly some step back ratings. I don't see this happening until next year if at all. They will have to get rid of the "green" release being high success of going in into green means best timing of the jumper.

To add to this the on ball defense being played involves way too much contact to be initiated by the defense to slow down the offense without always gapping the ball properly. They have chosen to let the on ball defense to be more physical to slow down the offense.

This allows you to play players like Melo, Curry, KD, etc. unrealistically.

Steph is one of those players that doesn't lose that much % when contested especially off the dribble stepback whatever. You can't really get in his space once he puts the ball on the floor

The way 2K is set up now it seems like Mike has to tune the whole game by tweaking percentages. So guys who can't shoot contested shots at a good rate will get increased artifically because Melo, KD, Steph whoever is not reflected right. It is not an easy task unless they add open vs. contested ratings at the bare minimum
Old 11-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #31
Banned

People kill me with the video request as if they have a different game. If u are unaware of the problem posted by the OP then u probably don't play the game much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #32
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

It's a fine art to balance... you want ratings and ability to go both ways. You want wingspan and measure to matter.

We cannot afford to only have offense favored by this. I understand you're not asking for a mile: but sometimes that's what you gain and it can be game-breaking.

*In my experience, I do see contest shots going in and would prefer to keep their rates as is - it feels realistic. I originally wanted a boost to the defense but I'm now swayed to believe this is realistic that some games a player can get lucky regardless of ratings or with help from his profile as a premier scorer.

They call him videogame Curry but he's in a league of his own with contest shot success.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »