Home

2K16 has totally killed contested shooting

This is a discussion on 2K16 has totally killed contested shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #57
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 2K16 has totally killed contested shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPope13
I'm glad the guys brought up were 2 of the greatest ever and curry who is probably on his way. I mean cos everyone in the NBA shoots like them. That's the standard control group
I was talking with a guy about this earlier. Curry is the SNK boss of the NBA. He's an absolute beast. Because of that, to replicate him without breaking the game in terms of balance you would have to literally code him differently. Then quick match would be GSW mirror matches because he's arguably so hard ro deal with that it would completely warp the game.

In a fighting game he'd be "soft banned" from competitive play. In Magic: The Gathering he'd be banned because he would completely warp the meta game into decks that run curry, and decks specifically designed to beat him.

As far as 2k16 goes, as "Dumbed down" as people think he is....would you let him get a wide open look? Would you not double him if he got hot? He's still hard to deal with.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #58
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

Made a thread like this the other day, and it got locked and deleted because I was supposedly "complaining about shooting". I wasnt really, except to say that this game is missing something important that the real NBA has in abundance. There are no exciting plays that makes you say "Oh damn thats just like what Kobe did last night!"...the game is so neutered for stars in the name of realism that you cannot make a contested fadeaway EVER. Certainly not against the CPU which is all I play against. A half court shot never ever goes in in the maybe two thousand games that I've played.

The shot penalty for taking what the game considers a bad shot is so severe that the stars of the game simply are not stars anymore. Anyway before I go off on that.....I'll just say I agree with the OP
Old 11-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #59
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

^You and people like you would hate that thread DC made that's on the 1st page, in regards to what should/shouldn't happen in the game.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
No he's not, just people don't know how to play with him
No...nothing separates his 3 point shooting from anyone else. It is impossible to replicate Curry in 2k.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:52 PM   #61
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Was messing around with Curry a bit on SS/SIM....haven't really Played with him all that much....

He's got range on him, lol

In my experience it doesn't seem like just anyone can just knock these down

https://vid.me/kdfB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 11:59 PM   #62
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0

Gee, I made a thread late at night and here I am copping abuse for not posting video evidence. I'll get you your evidence.

Also tired of people saying the game will be ridiculous if guys like Kobe hit tough shots a lot. That's simulation basketball, guys like Kobe hit those shots....
Old 11-02-2015, 12:15 AM   #63
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Gee, I made a thread late at night and here I am copping abuse for not posting video evidence. I'll get you your evidence.

Also tired of people saying the game will be ridiculous if guys like Kobe hit tough shots a lot. That's simulation basketball, guys like Kobe hit those shots....
And they can hit those shots in the game. But you can't just spam that with them. Ultimately, as well, there needs to be balance to it. If they program Kobe to hit every fade away with a guy in his face....then I'm not going to play basketball.

I'm going to play: "Take nothing but contested fadeaway shots with Kobe".

All of these things happen in game. I've had Durant pop a Jumper in my grill he had no business taking and drain it. Is it every possession? No. Is it consistent? Somewhat. It's not automatic, nor should it be, It's a bad shot. Period.

Most of Currys shots people freak out over are bad shots that somehow drop. The shots he hits in real life in 5 people's grills are un realistic. They should NOT fall. He's amazing because they do.

People forget, and I think this is partially blamed on the internet, a highlight play is only a highlight because it's something that doesn't happen often, or shouldn't happen period. when I can load up an 8 minute video of curry, or Kobe highlights, it's easy to forget that most of these plays span careers, or multiple seasons. There shouldn't be 25 of them a game. There should be like 5 or 6 at max. Kobe shouldn't hit every bad shot because he's Kobe, and Curry has Airballed multiple times off wide open looks in real life.

This game simulates real basketball very well, and all you really need to look at is the "NBA if this happened in 2k thread" if you want to see what I mean.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #64
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
And they can hit those shots in the game. But you can't just spam that with them. Ultimately, as well, there needs to be balance to it. If they program Kobe to hit every fade away with a guy in his face....then I'm not going to play basketball.

I'm going to play: "Take nothing but contested fadeaway shots with Kobe".

All of these things happen in game. I've had Durant pop a Jumper in my grill he had no business taking and drain it. Is it every possession? No. Is it consistent? Somewhat. It's not automatic, nor should it be, It's a bad shot. Period.

Most of Currys shots people freak out over are bad shots that somehow drop. The shots he hits in real life in 5 people's grills are un realistic. They should NOT fall. He's amazing because they do.

People forget, and I think this is partially blamed on the internet, a highlight play is only a highlight because it's something that doesn't happen often, or shouldn't happen period. when I can load up an 8 minute video of curry, or Kobe highlights, it's easy to forget that most of these plays span careers, or multiple seasons. There shouldn't be 25 of them a game. There should be like 5 or 6 at max. Kobe shouldn't hit every bad shot because he's Kobe, and Curry has Airballed multiple times off wide open looks in real life.

This game simulates real basketball very well, and all you really need to look at is the "NBA if this happened in 2k thread" if you want to see what I mean.
Go watch prime LeBron or Kobe and they hit tough shots with defenders on them regularly. In the same game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »