Home

myplayer got no dribble crossover momentum

This is a discussion on myplayer got no dribble crossover momentum within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #25
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: myplayer got no dribble crossover momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Im not sure what you want.
I want to be able to do what I see nba players do. I want variety, I want to read my opponents D with hesitations, and launching at the right time. I want to be able to pump fake and or jab steps and maybe get my opponent stuck on a screen and drive without being penalized. Some spin moves now and then without the broken launch animations. Not just sizeups every iso play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #26
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I feel the size ups are the biggest culprit honestly. The best move in the game is the spin and sometimes need to do it twice. Hell, you can't even blow through your defender or spin off in the post.

If 2k upped help defense a TON and cut down on the rubber banding then we could have a decent game. Right now, people use one or two dribbles online with their players because only those work. If that's not evidence something is broken, i dunno what is.

I'm actually unable to upload to YouTube from my ps4, will do some crappy phone caps later.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #27
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
They did a great job for the cheesers. & Dribble moves are just there for decoration. I don't want to stop and do a f*** sizeup every time i want to drive
Against humans, all you need is a solid understanding of your left stick and a little change of pace to get blow by as a guy bringin the ball up court.

The timing on a lot of the dribble launches is real strict this year. This was probably put in to try and cut the left/right Hesi cheese from last year.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-03-2015, 12:51 PM   #28
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

2K needs to do something about these ridiculous animations that takeover when you do dribble moves.

I can't even do a simple pick and roll without getting trapped in an animation. I want to punch someone everytime I get stuck in that awful animation in the 1st gif where my player gets low to the ground and starts dribbling the ball back and forth.

Last edited by Hustle Westbrook; 11-03-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #29
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Against humans, all you need is a solid understanding of your left stick and a little change of pace to get blow by as a guy bringin the ball up court.

The timing on a lot of the dribble launches is real strict this year. This was probably put in to try and cut the left/right Hesi cheese from last year.
Why couldnt they just add stamina depletion for excessive hesitations? Like 3+ hesis in a row
Old 11-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #30
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
Why couldnt they just add stamina depletion for excessive hesitations? Like 3+ hesis in a row
Multiple dribbles will effect shot fatigue. They built the current system to avoid being able to spam sig size ups, I believe

Sent from the "Wolf of Rivet City", Via Tapatalk

Old 11-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #31
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
2K needs to do something about these ridiculous animations that takeover when you do dribble moves.

I can't even do a simple pick and roll without getting trapped in an animation. I want to punch someone everytime I get stuck in that awful animation in the 1st gif where my player gets low to the ground and starts dribbling the ball back and forth.
this happens to me while playing Gauntlet and then I can't even pass either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 03:01 PM   #32
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook

First gif: Animation triggered because you ran into half of a guy. He was running that way. Not enough room, and not enough before the start of the gif to tell me whether there was a better option...but I'm not sure what you want? Is the low regain control animation bad? Would you have rather tripped and fell like real life if you Collide at that angle? Would you rather lose the ball? I feel like you got a deal out of what should have been a turnover.

Gif 2: Should've just went without the cross attempt. You missed the timing on the tail of the cross over, and got the "Slow Cross"/"Crowded Cross" animation as the defender stepped out. In fact, trying the cross over screwed you. Switching to the left hand let him step in front of the screen and take it away from you, so of course when you try yo go that direction again he's able to step into the gap and trigger that animation.

What I'm seeing on 2 is that you missed both opportunities. One before the cross over, the second being just flat out ignoring the pick as soon as it hit the left hand. He stepped right and you had a huge gap to go left after that.

So, first example is a non issue since that animation trigger from you making contact with another defender. That's not "2K taking away your momentum for no reason". Number 2 you miss timed your luanch, and missed the 2 golden opportunities you had before even trying to luanch.

Also, you still got by him. Not the way you wanted, but you did. A pull up would've burned the D right there too.

Edit: Thanks for the gif though, at least I can see the play that way and give you an idea of what it looks like. This really helps, and will get you better answers than just saying the animations are just happening

Last edited by ViolenceFight; 11-03-2015 at 03:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »