Home

myplayer got no dribble crossover momentum

This is a discussion on myplayer got no dribble crossover momentum within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #33
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: myplayer got no dribble crossover momentum

So when he beats someone off the dribble and the game forces him to slow down while pressing turbo so the help defense to recover is his fault?

Then the defender having eyes in the back of their head and jumping the screen without being able to see it and not even swiveling his head is also his fault, right?

I think it's funny how he even provides evidence for broken animations and you just write it off.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #34
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Pick and Roll does require more skill in an effort to separate the Maestro from the casual.

The system is more strict indeed and if others are succeeding it means some are better than others within the system.

I'll try to upload a video of me using the Maestro stuff to give evidence of just how sexy the system can be when executed flawlessly within its own intuitive guide.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #35
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Failure outcomes within a system does not mean the system failed: it's possible you are giving failure inputs and the system is responding with failure outputs to tip you off that something has gone awry. You should try a new input next time and the next time after that until you reach new success outcomes then you will start to believe in the system and appreciate the system.

I have been there with the animations that suckered me into double teams even on Rookie but it's Superstar and Hall of Fame thst whipped me into shape. I sometimes still fall into the "trap" when I'm lazy but this is usually when in grinding My Career on Rookie and take the CPU for granted lol

I want to offer video evidence in an effort to uplift your faith in the system and show you that what is possible is perhaps more rewarding than you originally dauntingly imagined.

The same force that buries the treasure is the same force that can unearth the treasure.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #36
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
So when he beats someone off the dribble and the game forces him to slow down while pressing turbo so the help defense to recover is his fault?

Then the defender having eyes in the back of their head and jumping the screen without being able to see it and not even swiveling his head is also his fault, right?

I think it's funny how he even provides evidence for broken animations and you just write it off.
He slowed down because he clipped a guy. It caused the animation that he got. It happens to me all the time when I try to split 2 guys and bump one. So, yeah, that is his fualt. I explained why the animation triggered, 2k didn't just decide to stop him so the D can catch him there. In reality, it should've triggered a bump animation, and forcing it through should've been a loose ball. Like I said, of the possible outcomes, he got a good deal out of it.

Number 2: He didn't magically jump the screen. I've watched this a lot now to make sure I'm not seeing something different or not seeing something at all. The defender didn't move towards the screen, he slid to shade right a bit and give up the baseline. The user never even tries to run him into the screen, and the Defender isn't just going to run himself into it for no reason. So yeah, there's no magic eyes in the back of the head thing happening here. If he would've stepped that direction the Defender would've taken one back step to counter the movement, and BAM, Screen city.

However, because the user is stationary, the defender has no real inclination to step there. I mistakenly said the D did this to counter the screen, so it was bad verbage my first post. In reality the D has no idea the screener is there, he just stepped up to body the ball handler better and cut the angle off.

If I was just writing it off, I would've just said something stupid like "Get your stick skills up, Bruh", instead of offering reasons that the stuff is happening, and telling him where I thought he actually could've straight torched the Defense in the second one.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

Last edited by ViolenceFight; 11-03-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:28 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344

I have my own complaints/suggestions on how to handle attacking the rim in this game (they need to reduce an airborne defender's "contact radius" so that defenders who run and jump on closeouts can get beaten with straight line drives) but those gifs are "user error."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »