Home

So there a movement going on..

This is a discussion on So there a movement going on.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2015, 07:16 AM   #17
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: So there a movement going on..

I usually spend a lot of VC on packs but this year I noticed myself getting a high amount of junk cards this year. 2K is getting really stingy and trying to have you dish out that $$$.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

What really sucks about buying packs this year is that there is 11 free agency collections out there with no gold cards among them. Over 100 possible players that likely won't make any of your line ups have been added to the pull odds on packs.

In addition to this, the player rankings have been changed to make many silver level players into golds and bronze into silvers. So, on the rare chance that you get a gold player, it might end up being someone like Kemba Walker, who's rated an 80.

This has turned MT mode into a cash grab, or an Auction House grind. Something most casual gamers don't have time for.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:54 AM   #19
MVP

I hear everyone complaining about pack prices yet everyone I play against in the unrestricted seeds has 3-7 amethysts
Old 11-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I hear everyone complaining about pack prices yet everyone I play against in the unrestricted seeds has 3-7 amethysts
I think the OS community and other people complaining make up a small % of players out there. Out of 5 games, I would say about 1 to 2 games the guy doesnt have a stacked team.

Im sure in a few months people will start having lebron and kd off the bench.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

One thing ill say....Reading all the comments to the video it seems like guys want the ability to pull exactly who they want every time.....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #22
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Would agree with all that if myteam was the only game mode to play .

But even without MyTeam, game would be worthy the money as greatest basketball sim and there wouldn't even be anyone to complain about it !

If you take it as a sidekick mode (that it actually is and shouldn't be overhyped as something you have to play all the time) , it got plenty to go for until you get yourself to complete rttp seeds. But of course everybody is entitled to get every best card and have replay value for a full year 24/7 time.

What I really agree on is 2k servers. With all the extra microtransactions you'd think simple exhibition game online with full teams control would work in at least playable manner. However its ridden with input delay (atleast here in europe, even while having 100mbps and higher optic fiber conenctions) and is not fun at all. Also some online gamebreaking flaws like someone being able to crash the game without taking loss (and taking win away from opponent) in online competition modes, the same flaws that was present in 2k15 and not fixed this year.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:20 AM   #23
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK7qHcyqYmY

Chris Smoove made a more precise video on it last year, and sadly in this area 2K really didn't seem to take much of the criticism on board. They care a lot about what we think of MyGM, MyCareer etc, but I honestly don't think they care when it comes to this mode.

It has so much more potential but it's ruined by 2K simply chasing parents credit cards with their kids wanting all the good players and then older people who simply cannot be bothered wasting a ton of time to get players and will buy packs instead.

Can't see it changing.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:20 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
One thing ill say....Reading all the comments to the video it seems like guys want the ability to pull exactly who they want every time.....lol
And never have to play the game, just have everything they want, right away.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »