Home

Is it just me, or do centers suck?

This is a discussion on Is it just me, or do centers suck? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2015, 10:19 AM   #17
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it just me, or do centers suck?

It's all about rating, badges, and how you play. If you're an outside or balanced center and trying to take jumpers you're actually hurting your team if you're not playing right. You can space the floor if you know when to make it back inside. Basically, you better make it because if you're pulling yourself away from the basket and the shot misses, you're probably not getting the offensive board. You got to be down low if a shot goes up because that's 2nd chance points for your team. If you're just sitting outside all day and relying on your shorter teammates to get the rebound, their center can just get every defensive rebound and kick it down court for an easy basket in transition.

Get the fundamentals down of being a big before you try expanding your game.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #18
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
It's all about rating, badges, and how you play. If you're an outside or balanced center and trying to take jumpers you're actually hurting your team if you're not playing right. You can space the floor if you know when to make it back inside. Basically, you better make it because if you're pulling yourself away from the basket and the shot misses, you're probably not getting the offensive board. You got to be down low if a shot goes up because that's 2nd chance points for your team. If you're just sitting outside all day and relying on your shorter teammates to get the rebound, their center can just get every defensive rebound and kick it down court for an easy basket in transition.

Get the fundamentals down of being a big before you try expanding your game.
the dude is 99 overall. he can shoot jumpers and do all that fancy stuff. he just doesnt know how to play as a big.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #19
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

I've always played as a center on Mycareer. I always really enjoyed it and you just have to learn what the center's role is in basketball is. I play my center old school by doing the dirty work. Getting rebounds, blocking shots and good interior defense. I actually enjoy rebounding more than making baskets.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal
Old 11-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #20
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Simple answer? It's just you.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:32 AM   #21
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I made the mistake of not putting any upgrades into playmaker, so yes I will get stripped every time on pro am with 25 ball control. Pretty much how it should be. I'm an 88 but it says I'm a 92 when I go into Pro Am. Don't get that...

But Center is plenty of fun. I went max height and inside though.

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

This is my first time making a center, and I made him 6'11 cause I didn't want to be a 7'3. And lol. I'm always asked why didn't I make him 7'3, and I respond. Cause I'm unique /different. And they normally shut up. Other centers send me hate mail when I destroy them calling me a 7'3 scrub. And I'm like huh?

My complaint that I have about centers are the rebounds. I feel like I'm in the best position for these hoards but either because of badges or hieght, I don't get them. Instead the other center from across the paint (pro am games tend to run twin towers) soars over me and O'Dell beckhams the ball. And I'm left there going WTF? I had games. Where I be in perfect position, boxing out and then the ball flies over my head to the guy I'm boxing out, like I wasn't meant to win that battle. And my defense /rebounding is maxed. What gives
Old 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #23
Rookie

SuperQharisma's Arena

.... As a 6'9 SF who often is tossed into Center in Pro-Am ... Center is extremely fun .. tho I enjoy the flexibility of the 3 spot. I always enjoy answering the call.

Rebounding

Rebounding in 2k16 is the closest to simulation basketball it has ever been... I think what most people are missing is what most people miss in pickup games. Blocking out is key.. I've out rebounded numerous 7'3 centers simply based on their lack of ability to do so...

Defense

Defending as a "true" big has to be easier than it is at my height. Straight Up Hands up. Blocks come naturally ...

Offense

The only bigs I seem to have difficulty defending are the ones who know how to play the position as it is truly meant to be played. Just as someone posted previously. Keep the defense off guard. Watch some old Olajuwon vids are something. Shooting bigs usually lack inside ability so I don't fear ... (plus I'm SF by trade) .. but at least let me respect it.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #24
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQharisma
.... As a 6'9 SF who often is tossed into Center in Pro-Am ... Center is extremely fun .. tho I enjoy the flexibility of the 3 spot. I always enjoy answering the call.

Rebounding

Rebounding in 2k16 is the closest to simulation basketball it has ever been... I think what most people are missing is what most people miss in pickup games. Blocking out is key.. I've out rebounded numerous 7'3 centers simply based on their lack of ability to do so...

Defense

Defending as a "true" big has to be easier than it is at my height. Straight Up Hands up. Blocks come naturally ...

Spoiler
This is mostly true. I was up against a 94 OVR C and in most facets the player was much better than I. However, if I boxed out first I was getting the rebound 9 times out of 10. Timing is key

NBA Fan since 2007

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »