Home

Pre-Rotate Question

This is a discussion on Pre-Rotate Question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2015, 08:56 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Pre-Rotate Question

The Pre-Rotate option for individual players.

Does that mean who you're willing to "leave" in order to stop penetration or cover the middle on a screen?

For ex: playing the Bulls now. If I set it to pre-rotate with Noah, would that mean that Turner, who is guarding him would be willing to "leave" him if needed to stop D.Rose penetration?

Please advise.

----

Separate question.

Please explain middle/baseline force to me. What is the difference and what is strength/weakness for each option.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Rotate Question

NEW - Pre rotations - You can now pre-rotate in pick and roll situations. This is great to use against strong dive guys such as Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan.

NEW - Team-specific help rotations - some teams like to pre-rotate on side pick and rolls, and others like the Sac Kings may help one pass away but only from the center

From the blog

Forcing to the Middle is the last thing you want to do, it allows the offense to many options i.e. drive and kick puts too much pressure on your defense.

Forcing to the baseline limits the offense and it uses the baseline as a defender and it also put less pressure on your defense. Your help D is better.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 11-07-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
NEW - Pre rotations - You can now pre-rotate in pick and roll situations. This is great to use against strong dive guys such as Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan.

NEW - Team-specific help rotations - some teams like to pre-rotate on side pick and rolls, and others like the Sac Kings may help one pass away but only from the center

From the blog

Forcing to the Middle is the last thing you want to do, it allows the offense to many options i.e. drive and kick puts too much pressure on your defense.

Forcing to the baseline limits the offense and it uses the baseline as a defender and it also put less pressure on your defense. Your help D is better.
Still doesnt really answer the question.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Still doesnt really answer the question.
Yes it does, in the context of the game, the dev said x,y, and z. His words on pre-rotation and gave an example the type of player you will use the pre-rotation against.

Middle vs Baseline is a universal Defensive concept. It's not rocket science.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:16 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Oh wow I never knew that explanation was in the blog, thanks for posting that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

In addition, watch NBA 2KTV. Scott OG provides excellent advice on how to play defense. I think it was 2 weeks ago where he covered a range of on- and off-ball techniques.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #7
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

I have a different Defensive Question...
How do you set double teams. I'm coming to 2K16 from 2K11. On 2K11, you could go to defensive setting and say double a guy dominating you (like Lebron) automatically when he catches the ball, or more realistically a guy like Cousins "in the post". I don't see that option on 2K16.
Also, I stink at doubling a guy (holding LT - do you have to do more than that?). Give up a wide open layup pretty much every time as my other defenders don't rotate over.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:45 AM   #8
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I have a different Defensive Question...
How do you set double teams. I'm coming to 2K16 from 2K11. On 2K11, you could go to defensive setting and say double a guy dominating you (like Lebron) automatically when he catches the ball, or more realistically a guy like Cousins "in the post". I don't see that option on 2K16.
Also, I stink at doubling a guy (holding LT - do you have to do more than that?). Give up a wide open layup pretty much every time as my other defenders don't rotate over.
Hold LB/L1 and go offball to rotate yourself. I'm pretty sure you can set to double in the settings. I think it's under gameplan>defensive settings, then hit RB/LB or R1/L1 to select player but I could be mistaken because I never use it.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »