Home

How to keep your cool while losing ?

This is a discussion on How to keep your cool while losing ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: How to keep your cool while losing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensational14
When ur mad and a timeout is being called, dont immediately click it away. Just take ur time and take a big breath, a bit of water or something lol.

I actually started doing this online when somethings annoys me.....it pisses my opponents off when I chill through an entire timeout though, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #26
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

I simply stopped playing online 2 years ago - no more raging.

Last edited by daveberg; 11-12-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

Usually heavy sighs. Especially when it's park and we lose to some Ballers who only shoot 3s. Like guys are playing to there strengths that's cool but when my guards are jumping to contest instead of staying on their feet I get so angry. It's like just don't jump man you're not gonna block his jumper.

I have my control set to contest on intense d but not everyone does. Either way if I'm losing and we're just playing bad I just get really quiet. If I'm losing and we're playing well and it's 2K being 2K I'm yelling at the screen lol.

Playing in Rivet some guys were streaking so we say let's go end it. Then we get in game and for the last point 19-18 I miss a dunk. 7'3 with a 94 standing dunk uncontested and he just misses because of the rivet boost. Then they miss and we have a fast break. My guy playing SF stops on the break and let's the guy jump past him and he misses a layup. Wide open. It was pretty annoying.

I really hate it mainly because I'm legend so guys stay sending me messages win or lose lol. That's the worst part. As long as I keep my record positive every session I don't get too upset tho.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:47 PM   #28
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I laugh at the game.... Most people who play me love listening to me speak about the game.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #29
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I had an epiphany awhile ago, and this was that I have rarely been beat by someone who didn't deserve to win.

Cheesers, I can usually deal with. If they're up by a few in a game, and they're really going hard with it, I'll just focus and hit em back with some tactics of my own.

But when I get a good game, even if I lose, I've always had the mindset it's just a game...even though I'm very competitive and all throughout school and after playing in real life.

I'm a calm person, so that helps I guess lol. I only get passionate over my family and friends.

My best advice is to always remember it's just a game, it's just a fun thing to do to pass time. If you're getting frustrated, take a minute..pause it, take a drink..focus and come back. Easier said than done when you're like me and nothing bothers you lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 11-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Lol yeah you know the cheesers don't bother me win or lose .

It's the guys that just flat out whoop me fair and square .

Since that rarely happens it's an humbling experience lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #31
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Lol yeah you know the cheesers don't bother me win or lose .

It's the guys that just flat out whoop me fair and square .

Since that rarely happens it's an humbling experience lol
I haven't really played a lot of games against random people online, mostly because of how cheesy it's gotten the past few years with so many newer people coming into the series...

But I know when I play my friends and they start doing cheesy stuff I call em out lol because I hear em complain about it when we play park yet they're right back doing it to me...like bruh lol.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #32
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I only ever get upset at the game not doing what i tell it to do which has been happening a lot more over the years. By taking away true stick skills it's really a huge detriment to my game. I didn't cheese, i was more of an anticipator. If i caught the ball on the perimeter, i used to wait till they came to contest and drive passed them. Now, even if i pump fake them into the air the game makes me wait. Sometimes i literally don't move after holding turbo and pushing the stick opposite the defender! The absolute worst part is having your dribbles broken for contact animations when the defender used to be beat. They didn't improve a thing for defense, just made rubberbanding OP and nerfed all dribble moves except the ones that were op last year. So we have the same moves twice as strong as everything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »