Home

How to keep your cool while losing ?

This is a discussion on How to keep your cool while losing ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How to keep your cool while losing ?

You must realize that this game was created for that kind of emotion. All the fixed animation and less and less control every year. lol This game is a comedy show. Just take your emotions out of it and you can see how much of a comedy show it is. The game was specifically created for up and down emotions and to keep both parties into the game. That's why you hardly ever see blowouts anymore
Old 11-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #34
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Lol yeah you know the cheesers don't bother me win or lose .

It's the guys that just flat out whoop me fair and square .

Since that rarely happens it's an humbling experience lol
After going through so many cheesers I enjoy the good guys. Makes me smile when someone puts together and runs a nice gameplan.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #35
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Laugh it off, then on the next one....too much real life **** I have to deal with for this to get me upset....

When I was younger though, I broke my TV throwing a controller....it bounced off he floor, lol
Man my boy beat me in NBA 2K2 like 4 times in a row, I was HEATED. It didn't help that he couldn't beat me in real basketball, so I am like, "I know more about basketball than this dude but he keeps beating me."

I took the game out of the Dreamcast, broke it in half and told him, "Good game."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 08:15 PM   #36
Banned

bob marley
Old 11-14-2015, 03:39 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 17

After losing 20 straight games on all star I had to stop. It's not fun losing especially when the cpu cheats. I literally lost 3 game in a row were in had less than 3 turnovers in each game. The cpu just started cherry picking of my misses...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 11-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
After losing 20 straight games on all star I had to stop. It's not fun losing especially when the cpu cheats. I literally lost 3 game in a row were in had less than 3 turnovers in each game. The cpu just started cherry picking of my misses...
If you are really losing 20 straight its not the game cheating man. Sorry to say it, but 2k vets can win on AS and SS all day.

Check out Da_Czars videos on YouTube for some insight.

Not trying to rip on you just you need to look for ways to improve and not call the game a cheater, because hundreds of others can do it. Or go down to Pro, no shame in that...just have fun.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #39
Rookie

I never get mad for losing, but I get furious when I'm blatantly cheated. This is obviously only a game (stop pretending this has anything remotely to do with "simulation"), and should be treated as such.

Now, a game is just that, and would win every single game 200-0 if it "wanted to" as it controls all parameters. A sports' game's playability is judged by how well it hides the fact that it can do just that. 2K has gotten increasingly worse at hiding this, and sacrifices gameplay for the sake of statistics and numbers, and to paraphrase 2K: "Punish You", in scary voice, for making mistakes.

A large portion of the "angry", for me at least, stems from that you have to invest heavily into this game. It's not something to pick up and play if you love the premise of MyCareer. We can all agree that the game is nearly unplayable without attribute upgrades, but we grind through this to get better. This is part of the fun, and all the fun now that you have no influence on your surroundings. But when the game circumvents your contribution and progression by making the CPU godly and you teammates imbecile to make up the statistics, you take that fun away. You have to clock least a houndred hours to get a usable player unless you pay 2K twice, and even then it doesn't matter if you're strictly MyCareer. You get 8 blocks and play great D? The game gives that back to make up the numbers and will cheat to do that. I have broken several controllers, but I suspect that it's because I am mad at myself for having spent so much time with such an average game admittedly in a beautiful package. It's almost become a drug.

To exaggerate: If the Warriors met a team of 10-year olds, they would win by 250 to "something below 10" every single time. This would not happen in 2K. That's cheating. I have the CPU scoring 100-120 every game whether I play on rookie or superstar, the only major difference is that my shot is nerfed. In other words, the D does not matter. If I don't play D at all, they will not score more. This is a flaw, and not a minor one, and the game does nothing to try to hide it. That's, in the most non-offensive wording intended, lazy.

Last edited by Hooperport; 11-14-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #40
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

i used to play gamebattles and tournies for Socom and call of duty (i know LOL) . on socom (where i started playing online for the first time) i used to overthink alot and etc whenever i was the last guy or we were losing which causes me to do some stupid ****. overtime i decided i will no longer try to rush things and go into a panic mode and just stay calm and take things slow. since i started doing that, i been way better in lots of my close games.

the mistake everyone makes is when they are behind, they play right into their opponent hand by playing fast and hurry up ball, and not slow and smart ball. people like going all in instead of going to fight another battle another day. playing slow like that isnt going to to easy to adapt too, but at least make the effort to.

there will be games tho where nothing goes your way. and while getting mad is the first reaction, dont let the rage take over. pause the game and breathe. playing angry only makes things worse. i also reconmend playing some type of dubstep lol. (or chill step) but thats just me lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »