Home

How to keep your cool while losing ?

This is a discussion on How to keep your cool while losing ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 09:48 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: How to keep your cool while losing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
I only get pissed off when the game flips momentum, and I get stupid turnovers and subsequent missed open shots/dunks/layups whilst the other player hits 3's with hands on his face.
This my friend is the story of 2K. Scripts snd bits. It's not user-skill based at all. It's 2015 on new gen consoles and we need animations still instead of just love physics at work? All it takes is your pg penetrating the lane (the basis of basketball) and the ball going off somebody's leg (should be kick ball violation every time) and the game unravels and the opponent goes on a 10-0 run. Or slow the game down and attempt to utilize the post but shoot quickly or else he'll be stripped no matter who it is. The spin drive layup doesn't even work anymore, I can understand toning it down but the only way it works is if your wide open and sorry that's not a good shot to use if wide open at any time.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #50
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

I only lost my cool once and that was NBA 2K5. I broke the hell out of that controller by taking it outside and body slamming the hell out of it, lol. My wife at the time bought me a very expensive Logitech wireless PS2 controller to kill that nonsense, lol. I'm not going to lie. I know that I got anger issue when it comes to competition. IRL, I would be that guy barking at my teammates when they make stupid mistakes or playing selfish. I was also that guy who would argue with someone when they called BS fouls when the game got tight. Yes, I was that guy who would hold a park game over a call that some girl called. Even had a gun pulled on me once over a call before.

Having said that, the only time I even get slightly angry with video games is in head to head online games in NBA 2K. I felt that game became too offensive heavy, and catered too much to bums lacking stick skills since NBA 2K11. As a result, I've been playing the game more and more offline to maintain my sanity. If I do get mad, I just cool off by playing COD.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #51
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

OVR: 0

Worst kind of rage i encountered when i played 2k15 on ps4, it was one of most annoying and ******** games of all time packed into nice, hyped flashy package. Thanks to 2k15 unreal runs, momentum, morphing, defense, turboing and many many more things i smashed samsung lcd, my ps4 console and both joypads and in the end i threw the disc through window. This summer i decided to buy another ps4 console and to give a shot 2k16, so far game does not give me reason to smash something but it got its flaws for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 11:16 AM   #52
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

When you get older, that fire is not so intense. Trust me, I'm old lol.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »