Home

The Removal Of The Rec Center And Pro-Am Not Being What We All Thought

This is a discussion on The Removal Of The Rec Center And Pro-Am Not Being What We All Thought within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2
The Removal Of The Rec Center And Pro-Am Not Being What We All Thought

I absolutely love the NBA 2K franchise, so much that I had put 1249 hours into last game (proof below).

This year's game is just not as addicting as last year's game. The addicting part of MyPark and the Rec last year was the grind to get to Legend status. You made friends along the way, teamed up with good people that you started playing consistently with. Now with the removal of the Rec, the 3v3 and 2v2 games are getting pretty stale.

For those of you who don't know, the Rec Center last year was a full fledged 5v5, four 5 minute quarters, with NBA rules, fouls, and free throws. You play with your affiliation against other affiliations while earning Rep in the process. It especially gets heated during Rivalry Weekend.

I put countless hours into the Rec last year with my friends. If we only had 3 or 4 and got matched up with a random, and that random turned out to be good, we would continue to play with them. We would even invite them to our party and if they were cool, from there on out we would have a new player to play with in the future.

Now I was more excited than anyone about the announcement of Pro-Am. Being a Crew junkie, I couldn't wait to get my crew together like we did back in the 2K11 days. But it's just not what we thought it was out to be. There are no "Rosters", the only person tied to that Pro-Am team is the creator. Since there are no rosters, it just feels pointless to play if you are not the team owner. Hell, if you are not the owner you can't even see the record of the team you are playing with. There's zero integration in the mode, and that is upsetting that they went that route and took out the Rec Center in the process.

Now I know what some of you are going to post. The gameplay in this game is great, the best ever in a sports videogame. But gameplay does not equal the addictiveness of elements within the game. This post solely relates to MyPark and The Rec players. And sadly, as being an avid player of those modes last year (85% time put towards that), I'm disappointed.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 11-12-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Removal Of The Rec Center And Pro-Am Not Being What We All Thought

I completely feel this, for the first few months I was a heavy park player last year, till AW came out, then when I came back I started the grind to legend 3. Via the rec of course. I hated it at times, because of the crazy lag etc, but they could've easily fixed that. (And did with walk ins.) I'm not understanding why it was taken out.. And why we can't get it in a patch.
It's so needed, so many of my friends have given up on playing 16 because park gets boring..
Old 11-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #3
Banned

Why do you think they made it ? They made it because they can say Pro am it's a new game mode but its just the jordan rec center .. Why ou guys not see that 2k is lazy ....
Old 11-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #4
Banned

Match making is terrible for non American users. I cant play anyone outside of the Asia servers, which means there is only a 3-4 hour gap each day where you can get a Proam game in and usually have to wait a fair bit inbetween.

The non rep factor also draws people away from Proam. Just watch 2k turn around and remove 5v5 in 2k17 by saying: "Look no one plays it". Smh.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:51 PM   #5
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

The quitting really kills the mode. I haven't played a single game in pro am where someone didn't quit. There's no impact to your win/loss since leader boards don't work. The vc earned is very minimal. It's just a very poorly executed mode that could easily be fixed by adding rep to curb the quitters and get some real heated competition in there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #6
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

I personally hated Rec last year. It was pulling teeth when my friends wanted to play. The games lagged way to much (not as much for me) for some people that they were taken out of a couple possessions every 1/4. Gameplay was also worse, but the OP touched on that.

What makes ProAm and MyPark more playable this year is the speed/ ease to get into games. I never had the problems most had the first weeks/ month with ProAm. I always hated waiting at least 45 minutes to get into a Rec game. Now I'm in a 5 vs 5 game in 3 minutes.

If you could take the Rep and rank up process from last year and add the speed to join a game from this year I'd be happy.

I said this in other posts, but ProAm Walk-on feels like Rec 2.0. Matchmaking in ProAm team up needs tweaking, but it plays really well. I really enjoy playing it even though I'm not making as much VC as I should or ranking/ repping up.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #7
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Where can u see how many hours you've played? I wanna check that out

As to the post, i agree. No point in playing pro am tbh, out of the 30 games i've played as a team, the opponent quit before halftime at least 25 times. I've played maybe 1 or 2 complete games. Used to be addicted to crew mode in 2k11, this year its just meh
Old 11-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah PROAM was poorly thought out.

They should've fixed the Rec lag, added leaderboards, monthly awards like dpoy, MVP, scoring title, etc

The best part of the rec last year was the community integration.

We used to play the best squads on our server and I remember trying to find empty recs so we could do a series (which is what PROAM) should've been

You could see your friends in the game and decide to play against them or with them

You could even somewhat sub in/out if someone had to leave

I played over 500 rec games last year.. I've played 2 PROAM games while averaging 25pts/20reb and it's no fun at all

No incentive

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »