Home

Please someone tell me what is Defensive Assist Strength?

This is a discussion on Please someone tell me what is Defensive Assist Strength? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Please someone tell me what is Defensive Assist Strength?

What is Defensive Assist Strength? Please someone tell me what this is. I have heard other people explain it, but never to the point of what it really is. I know it is suppose to help assist you with on ball defense. I just can't understand how. What are the pros and cons of turning it up to 100, or turning it down towards 0?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Re: Please someone tell me what is Defensive Assist Strength?

the default setting is 0 defensive assits which means you have full control of your players defense, the higher you put it the more the cpu defense help comes into play.

the pro's with leaving it on 0 is you have full control over your players defense

the cons pushing it up further is you will start being aided by the CPU defense and you may not react in time in certain situations but it does help you attempt to stay in front of your opponent.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
Banned

So I guessed its a preference thing? So what does Mike Wang or Da_Czar play on. Mike Wang I know you created the game so what is the best setting for this?
Old 11-13-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Dunno about "preference". Its about stick skills and risk/reward. Essentially, the higher the assist%, the fewer big blounders you will make in terms of manual on-ball-defense. However, there will also be lots of instances where essentially the your control input is "limited" because the game will try to help you but you are trying to move a different direction in that moment (i find that particularly relevant in Pick and Roll Situations where you have to mind both the ball handler and the screen).
IMO you should simply start on 50 and then slowly adjust downwards as you get more comfortable playing on-ball-defense.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

The default setting is suppose to be 50 to my knowledge, I know it was last year and mike wang has stated that it was in blogs so you do want to start at 50. They stated 50 is the default for a reason, my guess is bc you need both especially if you play online.

I say that bc their are certain pros that you have at 100 that you might not have with it at 0 like for instance for me 100 makes you feel more weighted and a little more precise and you get more body up anis but you are not as quick laterally and you could see some delay in your LT movements.

With it at zero you are more free and quicker laterally but at the same time when online you can find yourself all over the place trying to get back in position if you guess wrong on a guy who does alot of lateral movement.

So I would say offline 0 is the way to go but online its all about personal preference. I switch between 90 and 20 bc of lag.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 11-13-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

The default setting is suppose to be 50 to my knowledge, I know it was last year and mike wang has stated that it was in blogs so you do want to start at 50. They stated 50 is the default for a reason, my guess is bc you need both especially if you play online.

Their are certain pros that you have at 100 that you might not have with it at 0 like for instance for me 100 makes you feel more weighted and a little more precise and you get more body up anis but you are not as quick laterally.

With it at zero you are more free and quicker laterally but at the same time when online you can find yourself all over the place trying to get back in position if you guess wrong on a guy who does alot of lateral movement.

So I would say offline 0 is the way to go but online its all about personal preference. I switch between 90 and 20 depending on lag.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 11-13-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:35 PM   #7
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

5 seems best for me online. I hate not being able to control my player.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 11-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #8
Banned

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I tried out a few things online, and the more I play and lab I seem to find out that there is a secret force controlling my men. I mean I use to think I was doing something wrong. I can play great on ball D sometimes, but then it seems like the game decides to stop letting me do it. They don't even let me rotate when I'm in a 3-2 defense. I know where the ball is going, but the computer will not let me rotate. Then I feel Like my men are stuck in quick sand on some plays so my opponent can have a free opportunity to score. The whole game to me is created to keep the game close and keep both players happy. This game is disgustingly controlled and full of animations. Animation after animation, who the hell said this game was stick skill? I'm sorry but I'm only stating the truth. If you play this game with an open mind and think logically then you will see that this game is not so much skill just you stuck in a virtual world controlled by 2k. When was the last time anybody beat someone by 20 like the old days? They won't let you do it now because the game is controlled to keep games close. Straight garbage.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »