Home

Abusing the transition game is far too effective

This is a discussion on Abusing the transition game is far too effective within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #41
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Abusing the transition game is far too effective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I love how you went and cherry picked some random clips of players making long passes as if no one is smart enough to realize that happens in the NBA.

The point is you will see this once or twice a game not every possesion like how it is in NBA 2K16. So that post was a whole bunch of nonsense.
Bumping for a proper fix and/or dev explanation how this continues to be let through the patching process.

EVERY game of MyTeam just features people spamming turbo off the inbound and having an open lane while your r3tard AI bigs stumble back at a snail's pace. Setting points of emphasis to Limit Transition does absolutely NOTHING to the point I wonder if they even make any difference at all.

Ruins the game, and isn't basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #42
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
Bumping for a proper fix and/or dev explanation how this continues to be let through the patching process.

EVERY game of MyTeam just features people spamming turbo off the inbound and having an open lane while your r3tard AI bigs stumble back at a snail's pace. Setting points of emphasis to Limit Transition does absolutely NOTHING to the point I wonder if they even make any difference at all.

Ruins the game, and isn't basketball.
Limit transition helps a bit - your bigs will not go for the immediate rebound but turn around, so if you icon switch to them and turbo back they'll be back in the paint around the time the opposing Westbrook is at the 3 point line. It's a weak band-aid, of course.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:05 AM   #43
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

Transition defense is just pretty much awful and nonexistent. I set my PoE to limit transition and even after that i must switch heavily between players to set them up, just plain stupid, players feel like they're not in the game. When opponent rush the ball along baseline my bigs just stand there around paint clueless i always have to switch to make defense look at least decent.

Every year offense is overpowered comparing to defense, on offense you got many more options but in defense, players AI is just like elementary school, no switching, no helping plus going back to defense to stop fastbreak is literally nonexistent, some teams that tend to run & gun are OP because of this transition D issue, tried to set sliders but doesn't help big time.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #44
Rookie

why wont 2k allow my players to get back on defense??? I dont remember this ever being a problem in previous 2ks
Old 11-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaPower2k
I agree, those passes are ridiculous, but there's a very easy solution:

Run back with your PF or C immediately after scoring. It works everytime!
Sometimes it puts you in a celebration or complaining at refs. It also forcesyou to turn back toward basket if you arent holding turbo. Combine that with 55 speed and you got problems when any player can drop passes like Brady to Moss to the center running down court.

Trust me i benefit mostly as im catching that pass on way to 18 for 20, im just saying running back doesnt work so easy every time. Most times if you hold turbo and dont bump into teammates youll be mostly ok.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 13

do yo guys mean USER attacks CPU on fastbreaks are way too easy, because CPU wont be able to stop USER if you just keep run all day?
Old 01-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #47
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

One thing that bothers me, and I'm not sure if it counts as transition D, is the inbounding player that is trailing the ball seems to get an unstoppable animation that cuts to the rim if it is passed to them around the top of the 3pt line. This is way more frustrating because its guaranteed buckets and the CPu does nothing to stop it
Old 01-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #48
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Not even about the passes. Guys just nonchalantly guard their man coming down the court. So easy to inbound to near half court and do a lead pass to a big man because the defending bi man is jogging behind him not giving a ****

The next 2k needs to make the AI actively cover their guy and not just stay in the vicinity of them. Tired of those running back catches where you throw the ball over the shoulder of a defender and the offensive player turns and catches it while in stride. That **** would get stolen 95% of the time in real life but never does in game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »