Home

Still not punishing low rated ball handlers on the park.

This is a discussion on Still not punishing low rated ball handlers on the park. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #9
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still not punishing low rated ball handlers on the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
All I'm saying is if you're just dribble spamming you deserve to get ripped. It would teach people. I'd much rather then hit me with one nice move and beat me than watching them size up 3 times and try to shoot in my grill. Cuz after patch 3 they're bricking.
Yeah so realistic.

Never happens to ball handlers like that in the NBA.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #10
Rookie

Syco_G's Arena

As if low rated ball handlers don't drop the ball off of nothing enough already

Main NBA 2K16 Myteam Lineup:
Chris Paul -Allstar- / Steph Curry
Michael Jordan -DPotY- / Harden
Klay Thompson / Pippen
Anthony Davis / Aminu
Bill Russell -MVP- / Ewing
Old 11-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just because you're good at stealing the ball and someone isn't a good ball handler doesn't mean you should be getting tons of steals in a game. The highest average for steals in the NBA is about 2 steals a game, and when you actually play real basketball it's pretty rare for someone to just get ripped while they're doing a dribble move. Stop crying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
You can but on drives when they gather but I would say you probably will get more steals positioning yourself to where the ball can hit a part of your body in those live ball situations than randomly swiping at the ball handler while they are dribbling.

I think the amount of those live ball steals when the ball hit a body part should be applied to when the player is dribbling but if you guess wrong foul everytime. There would be a lot of fouls but it should teach ppl how to play d with their feet instead of reaching.
The amount of times that bs "run into a player and the ball magically comes loose" happens is way too much. I'm going to be real with you that happens just as rarely as the guy saying somebody averaging 2 steals a game, not often! Defenders in mud and the only true defense is to take advantage of the "live ball physics." These "live ball physics" are really just a way to keep cheesers online from spamming the paint, making the game more "sim." But in actual basketball good dribblers do not just lose the ball of legs (kick ball) and body parts because there is traffic. I'm not even a great ball handler at 23 and I'm able to drive through traffic and keep control of the ball lmao.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #13
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Notice the thread title, people. This is about park.

And once again, I'm a max defense player with pick pocket gold. If the ball is in front of my face and he's not being careful, he should be punished. I didn't spend 40k VC plus upgrading the badges to swipe at the air.

At least call more reach ins because if i press steal once (i don't spam, i try and time it for when he's bringing the ball across his body or when he's literally trying to shake back the other way and shows the ball) those are situations i normally get burnt. On the other hand, spsmmers can literally inferior interrupt my dribbles and hold me in animations where i can't pass because I'm stuck in a "protect ball" animation.

I'm not crying about everyone, just people with obvious low play making ratings. Big men trying to dribble and lower rated guards.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:03 AM   #14
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I faced an entire squad of big men tonight. 2 power forwards and a center and didn't get one steal. Matter of fact, i haven't got an on ball steal since patch 3. Only steals come from driving rips and running into people.

Very very frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »