Home

The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List'

This is a discussion on The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List' within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2015, 03:48 AM   #41
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List'

The reaon teams put their own players on target list is because their contracts are expiring, you can see KD on OKC target list because he's expired at the end of the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #42
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
I haven't heard anyone else say otherwise, so I'm going to guess this is indeed the case:

Teams are not given the opportunity to match their RFAs' offer sheets. If this is for sure the case (I can say it definitely is for user-controlled teams), RFAs are essentially identical to UFAs. A monstrously large oversight.

Also, for another point on contract amounts:

Cap has jumped to over $90M, and he asks for a significant pay cut from his already meager $8M. smh...

RFA has been horrible for many years now. Players rarely resign, leading to like you said, not much difference between RFA and UFA.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #43
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
I haven't heard anyone else say otherwise, so I'm going to guess this is indeed the case:

Teams are not given the opportunity to match their RFAs' offer sheets. If this is for sure the case (I can say it definitely is for user-controlled teams), RFAs are essentially identical to UFAs. A monstrously large oversight.

Also, for another point on contract amounts:

Cap has jumped to over $90M, and he asks for a significant pay cut from his already meager $8M. smh...
Update on George Hill (yes, I relocated to Seattle...don't hate me, Hoosiers)...I decided to wait until free agency before offering a contract, surely he would ask for more once on the open market...

*sigh*

Nope, far from the case. A quick glance around free agents and its apparent that he's not an outlier, either. Not the same type on player or contract, but similarly undervalued:

Can you imagine an NBA where Victor Oladipo gets that kind of contract while still so young? Especially when an RFA and teams would typically be attempting to make an offer so big the Magic might balk? I can, but that is an NBA where Dipo isn't rated an 80 in that year's NBA 2k.

I have another second round pick example too...

Don't want to be excessive, but this was an especially egregious example of teams not caring about second rounders. This is a steal for a second round contract, yet his team wanted nothing of it and refused to sign him. I didn't check back after free agency, but I'm sure he signed with somebody else for a larger midlevel contract.

Also, I had hoped Patch #3 took care of this when adjusting contract valuations, but unfortunately teams still don't seem to value their rookie contract options properly:

Could you imagine Dante Exum not having his year 3 option picked up and becoming a UFA? I guess I maybe could, but it would involve some pretty extreme circumstances which are obviously not apparent here.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #44
Pro

What I think part of the problem, outside of just the terrible contract logic, is that there isn't enough regression in the lower rated players.

As you progress you have a whole heap of guys rated around 70 and the cpu just sees no reason to resign or sign for that matter another similar guy.

If we had more regression for these lower rated players the cpu could hopefully better differentiate between a guy like Exum and another guy.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:14 AM   #45
Rookie

DetroitBreh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_tedesco
Do you think, that team stats in MYGM/MYL will ever be fixed? I cannot stand those 144-134 results anymore. Tempo in simulated games is still way too high. Every single team stat is absolutely ridiculous. Realism is the most important thing to me for these offline modes.

Please fix it 2K!!!
I'm witcha on this bro. The high scoring totals and the low points in the paint issue have basically broken this game for me. I really only play offline. Maybe the occasional myteam but I'm not on my park a lot or in my career. The sim stats are absolutely terrible and it hurts since all I wanna do when a sports game comes out is create my own dynasty. Hard to do so with janky stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #46
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

All these patches...Game is still broken. Thanks 2K. Cool company.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:37 PM   #47
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
All these patches...Game is still broken. Thanks 2K. Cool company.
I'm not going to call the game broken (enjoying it way too much for that), but I was definitely disappointed that this last patch didn't touch on a single issue mentioned here. Obviously we can't expect everything, but I did hope for an issue or two to see some improvement.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #48
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
What I think part of the problem, outside of just the terrible contract logic, is that there isn't enough regression in the lower rated players.

As you progress you have a whole heap of guys rated around 70 and the cpu just sees no reason to resign or sign for that matter another similar guy.

If we had more regression for these lower rated players the cpu could hopefully better differentiate between a guy like Exum and another guy.
I think this is a factor, but an even bigger factor is the fact that we don't have guys completely bust or drop out of the league altogether. Young guys improve fairly consistently, and old guys regress fairly consistently, but we never see guys completely fall off the map or rookies who turn out to be useless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »