Home

The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List'

This is a discussion on The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List' within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List'

2K16 without a doubt offers the best franchise experience around. No game is without its flaws however.. so decided it would be better to have one dedicated thread for problems in these modes instead of having a bunch of scattered points throughout the forum. Makes the devs' jobs easier I would think.

Draft Classes

'Dish To Open Man' Tendency Too Low

As you can see in the video, prospects are being generated with far too low tendencies in that area. It seems to me that there is a minimum tendency in place for PGs (around 50) but for the other 4 positions, the maximum seems to be far below this. The lowest value I could find in the Official Roster was 25. This needs to go up because it leads to a large majority of these generated players (basically every non PG) averaging 0.0 or 0.1 assists.

In this video, you can see that the game is allowed to use the age of 18 but the user cannot. It's locked away for some reason. The age of 18 should be accessible.
Spoiler

Contracts

Early and Non Bird Rights Issues

Salary Cap OFF ... Hard Cap ON

General

Issues with Co-Op

Crowd

Game 7 of the Semifinals. First basket of the game, crowd reaction stays the same. This kills immersion for me and many others.

SimCast

Take note of the time left in the game as I attempt to jump back in.

Target List
(*Correction, no issues here*)

Anyways OS, post any issues you've got here so maybe in the next patch or next game, the devs will fix it

Last edited by BluFu; 12-16-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The MyLeague/MyGM 'Fix-It List'

I agree with the crowd reaction in playoffs.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:18 AM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0

Fantastic thread idea.

Couple things off the top of my head to add:

1) Player contract extensions and restricted free agency

I don't have the patch yet, but it sounds like players still sign for super low contract extensions (Posts 11-12, http://www.operationsports.com/forum...my-league.html) and teams don't match their restricted free agents often enough. (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5&postcount=43) This could be fixed this year, I hope.

2) Minutes rotations in played games

This one has been around for a while, players get minutes accurate to the gameplan in simmed games/simcast, but rotations can be pretty bad in the game. It's impossible to have a starter playing less than 28 minutes or so. Not necessarily a MyLeague-specific fix, but it goes hand-in-hand imo.

3) Badge progression

Players can earn and progress badges, but it doesn't happen nearly often enough. It's far too common to see All-Stars with 3-8 badges after a few years.

4) Tendency evolution

Tendencies do have the capacity to change and adjust iirc, but it doesn't happen enough. Many guys who break out and progress still won't put up too many numbers because their tendencies are too similar to before.

Last edited by joosegoose; 11-16-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Excellent thread, BluFu.

The two I would add to the list are:

1) When trading using 30-Team control in MyLeague I would like to see trade logic used. Right now if you request a trade you get a pop-up that says "do both user teams accept this trade" and if you select yes, then you can literally trade for any player. It should only be this way if trade override is on, all other trades the cpu should be able to reject if it isn't even.

2) Timeout issue using simcast. This was a problem last year and is the same this year. Basically when your using simcast timeouts are used at too early and too often. Just try a simcast game and intervene at the start of the 4th. Every time I've done that there's only been one timeout left for both teams (I have seen the cpu with two timeouts, but I've never had two) and I've never seen a team in the NBA start the 4th with only one timeout.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

This link might also be helpful since the OP posted some links in his or her original post.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...wish-list.html

The rotation just kills me. Year after year. I get the complications with trade logic. I can only imagine how hard it is to balance overall, particular skills like 3 pt shooting or defendse, positions, team needs, salary cap, franchise goals, etc. But rotation?

To me (granted someone who knows nothing about game programming) it shouldn't be difficult to simply create code that prioritizes how the rotation works. For example:

1. foul trouble
2. Fatigue
3. matchup
4. hot/cold
5. blowout

I'm sure there a couple other factors but simply prioritize what needs to be to make minutes come out right in played games. If a guy has 3 fouls, he simply doesn't play in the 1st half again. PERIOD. I don't care if you have to put in a guy set to zero minutes or put someone out of position, seeing someone getting a 4th foul in the first half is absolutely 100% inexcusable.

And it shouldn't be too hard to make it so the scrubs, even with zero minutes, get time when the game is beyond a certain point differential at a certain time frame. Starters rest, end of bench plays. Again, should not be hard to code.

I can see how coding for matchup issues (e.g. Warriors go small with Green at the 5, then the other team shouldn't be playing a standard 5 unless he's a star like a Marc Gasol or Dwight Howard. Guys like Mozgov or Steven Adams should be hitting the bench if they can't exploit the matchup on the other end to make up for the mismatch) might be tougher. Developers also should be able to code for hot and cold, probably aligned with coach setting on how short of a leash one has with each player. LeBron goes 2-15, you don't sit him. JR Smith starts off 0-7, maybe the minutes get cut back that night.

But I would definitely settle for simply having them fix guys playing in foul trouble, fix not playing starters less and scrubs more in blowouts, and just make the guys minutes typically match up to what is assigned. But for years the AI has struggled with secondary positions. It likes to make wholesale one for one changes and doesn't typically like to slide combo guards from the 1 to the 2 or taller threes into the stretch 4 spot. And the AI hates having starters slated to play less than reserves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #6
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll withdraw my question if it takes us off track. But it is a potential issue for this thread.

I play 12 minute quarters in MyLeague offline and the game is unstable for me. I get booted out of the entire game at some point during more than half the games and can't finish them. This is on XB1. It usually happens during the game pause menus (especially box score) but it has happened during game play.

So my question is, do any of you guys play 12 minute quarters and have you seen this issue yourself?

As background, I have had a ticket open on this and did put this in the bugs and glitches thread for 2k, so I'm really just trying to figure out if this is common enough to be a fix it issue for MyLeague. 2k Support and davez have acknowledged to me that it does occur to some people and they have not yet figured out why. For me it sucks because I can't actually play full MyLeague games without crashes.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:52 AM   #7
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosegoose
3) Badge progression

Players can earn and progress badges, but it doesn't happen nearly often enough. It's far too common to see All-Stars with 3-8 badges after a few years.
I haven't gone through and made an album (though I can if need be), but I just saw a particularly egregious example I had to share.

First, I obviously altered his potential and peak ages or else Bruno Caboclo would not have progressed like this. I didn't alter his attributes otherwise.

He is an above-average starter, and apparently became one of the all-time great shooters (ha), yet doesn't have a single badge except for personality.

For a more specific "fix-it" example, I know for sure that the Championship DNA badge is never earned after winning championships in MyLeague or MyGM.

Last edited by joosegoose; 11-17-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:40 AM   #8
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

I think the self-target system has to do with player re-signings.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »