Home

To all the mycareer point guards/on court coach's

This is a discussion on To all the mycareer point guards/on court coach's within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2015, 12:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

What team do you play for and what offensive sets are you running? Im a 6'5" pg currently on the phoenix suns just now realized their was more than one page of sets so trying the 4out 1in motion and 7 seconds

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Im a PG/SG on the Knicks.

Btw, how do i bring up the menu to change offensive (and defensive) 'sets' this year?

I can call plays using L1 + icons... But I cannot find a way to select '4 out 1 in', or see the menu where these 'formations' should appear.

Also when I'm on defense, I notice a small menu pop-up with 'smother' & 'sag' as an option, but I cannot access this menu intentionally.

It always pops up randomly, while I am playing intense defense, or boxing out, or attempting to block a shot.

I know how to play 3-2 zone, man2man, or full court press... But I don't know how to find these deeper menu systems.

Assist please.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 11-16-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: To all the mycareer point guards/on court coach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Black
Im a PG/SG on the Knicks.

Btw, how do i bring up the menu to change offensive (and defensive) 'sets' this year?

I can call plays using L1 + icons... But I cannot find a way to select '4 out 1 in', or see the menu where these 'formations' should appear.

Also when I'm on defense, I notice a small menu pop-up with 'smother' & 'sag' as an option, but I cannot access this menu intentionally.

It always pops up randomly, while I am playing intense defense, or boxing out, or attempting to block a shot.

I know how to play 3-2 zone, man2man, or full court press... But I don't know how to find these deeper menu systems.

Assist please.
You initiate offensive sets same way as defense but use RB / R1 to flip paged to see more sets.

Tapping LB / L1 plus a defender icon will bring up that window regarding what type of defensive that specific defender should play: gap / moderate / tight.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Yea they got all kinds of sets it would be nice for point guards to be able to pause and call a set would you guys agree so i dont get the ball stripped while in the menu or get swarmed with the double team etc. But anyway,i wanted to hear what sets everyone is using and why 4out 1in works well with the suns imo with their stretch 4s

Old 11-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #5
Rookie

Noone wants to talk to about strategy motion triangle flow or anything i take it, come on ppl! Yea id say the transition d is a little weak after using the 7 second offense for 3 or 4 games gettin used to it i get 34 assists on superstar simulation lol!

Last edited by Dangerous10K; 11-17-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
Rookie

I play with a 6'5 PG for the Lakers.
I used to enjoy running a lot of different plays but none of this is really possible anymore.
Since patch, I get double teamed each time I touch the ball; from tip-off to end. So now I just bring the ball up half court, post-up, and pass to the open man. Kinda feels like an old NBA Live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »