Home

On-Ball defense tips.

This is a discussion on On-Ball defense tips. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2015, 03:42 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: On-Ball defense tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Actually dwight went around him....What you want is a blocking foul to stop Dwight and save the defense.

you posted a screen shot? R you forreal?! NO look at the video AGAIN! 0:01 - 0:03

Did you see the hitching in Dwights drive like something was holding him back. That was physics not being recognized bc there should have been bump contact or some sort of contact, instead there was a force field preventing that and dwights momentum NEVER STOPPED. Boy what is wrong "witcha"! You just never gonna get it huh.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:03 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
What i saw in that video was terrible defense by the user. There is no way you should be sprinting out to guard Dwight at the 3pt line with your hands up...like seriously???

I know that you are upset that you didn't get any bump animation, but your bad habits on defense are being exposed now. Before the patch, bad defenders could get away with the bumping saving them but not anymore.

Now you REALLY have to know how to play smart on-ball defense. Get rid of those bad habits homie.
Knowing how to play smart defense is good but if say how the bump animation was saving ppl on defense, you should just say your OFFENSE was not saving you from getting locked up bc thats all that was happening. You just sound like a bunch of ppl who want to look pretty with the ball like no one is suppose to touch you when playing lockdown defense.

The bumping was not your problem it was YOU and your offense doing something wrong and you blamed the bump animation and now your ruining the games defense bc theres BUMPING in REAL LIFE when a guy is trying to lock you up. You all need to go play nba jam or revisit nba street man bc your making 2k get rid of defensive principles and physics making the game feel fake and unrealistic bc your offense is TTTRAAAASH.

So im telling you right now if I see any of you in a thread talking about this game being arcade "imma" roast you, if you trying to tell someone they need to lower the difficulty when it was YOU who should have done that instead of complaining about someone "bumping you on defense" imma ROAST you and if you cosign your buddy, im roasting you too.

YOU needed the tips instead of trying to turbo in the paint all the time is what this sounds like.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 11-19-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:58 AM   #59
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Idk if it's been asked but when are u using the triggers on xb1? I hear some people say they never use lt and then I hear some say they always use both triggers. So what is the best technique? And if you have a vid showing that would be awesome
Old 11-19-2015, 08:13 AM   #60
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
On-Ball defense tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Idk if it's been asked but when are u using the triggers on xb1? I hear some people say they never use lt and then I hear some say they always use both triggers. So what is the best technique? And if you have a vid showing that would be awesome

I use LT + RT plus the R Stick when I am anticipating what side they are going to.. It's an effective way to stonewall guys

Like with Carrol here I knew he was going to go baseline so I R Stick'd that way to stop him in his tracks...

https://vid.me/O2Oy

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-19-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I use LT + RT plus the R Stick when I am anticipating what side they are going to.. It's an effective way to stonewall guys

Like with Carrol here I knew he was going to go baseline so I R Stick'd that way to stop him in his tracks...

https://vid.me/N2F0
Great tip. My man 2-4 keep the vids on deck...but unless im missing something im getting a vid of a stepback lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #62
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Great tip. My man 2-4 keep the vids on deck...but unless im missing something im getting a vid of a stepback lol

My bad, here you go.....corrected in the post too lol

Old 11-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
My bad, here you go.....corrected in the post too lol

The results are good but the lack of contact animations with Carroll bull rushing and that mario moonwalking looks terrible.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

This thread is nearly moot until they fix this:

This is a regular occurrence online, where people who do not know how to play offense try to turbo their way around the court. It seems like 2K gave into these complainers who do not know or refuse to learn the basics of basketball.

If you run directly into someone, there must be contact. Period. You should not be able to turbo willy-nilly until you get around a defender. THAT is why the on-ball defense at launch was preferred.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »