Home

MyGM Team Choice

This is a discussion on MyGM Team Choice within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Team Should I Select For MyGm?
Spurs 3 11.11%
Celtics 13 48.15%
Hawks 2 7.41%
Bulls 1 3.70%
76ers 8 29.63%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #9
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyGM Team Choice

Honestly the 76ers, Celtics, Spurs, and Bulls are not challenges. If you want a real challenge in MyGM choose the Nets. No quality draft picks in the coming seasons. No quality stars. A super demanding and impatient Owner. Your chance of success rests on finding a sleeper in the draft, building through fee agency which isn't easy this year, or trading any quality player you have (brook lopez) for a draft pick.

Celtics are easy because you have a million draft picks in the next 2 seasons AND you already have a lot of young talent. It will be hard to fail with that set up.

76ers are easy because you also have a bunch of picks as well as potential building blocks in Jahlil Okafor and/or Nerlens Noel. You have no unmoveable contracts. You basically can have a fantasy draft team by year 2 as there's noone locked into a contract outside of Okafor.

Spurs are easy. Duncan and Ginobili will retire after year 1 or 2. However you already have your stars for the next 3-5 years at least with Aldridge and Leonard. And you have a patient owner. You can maybe try to turn Leonard into the best two way SF in the game. That could be fun.

Hawks might offer the most challenge out of the teams you picked. Korver's old as dirt. Horford's expiring. You have to choose between Teague and Shroeder as who your PG of the future is. And finally you have the obligation to your Atlanta fans of changing those horrible uniforms to something presentable.

Bulls are interesting seeing as Gasol, Rose, and Noah won't be at an elite level for too much longer. You have Nikola Mirotic to build into a star or a good role player. You can potentially build around Jimmy Butler and develop him into the best SG in the league.

My vote was for Atlanta for the challenge. If you want to prove yourself as a GM however I say look into Brooklyn.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #10
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Guys, I really appreciate each response from you and the detail and reasoning behind them. Also, thank you so much for voting...I hope to have a decision made by tomorrow night as I want to get started by the weekend! Bless you all!

Last edited by Teleo; 11-19-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added word
Old 11-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #11
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
I understand that comments are going to be made towards anyone that may have unclear, false or just unknowing information, but please: if you are going to comment can you please vote? That was the sole intention of this thread. Thank you.
Righto, bud

NBA Fan since 2007
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Hello Community,

First, I want to say thank you to each of you who voted and responded in this thread:

So I sat last night going through the game (didn't think this decision would be that difficult...it's just a game after all), and I looked the team selections that I introduced into the poll but thought of some few others...

1. The Nets would obviously present the most challenge as they are an utter mess so I am considering them.

2. The Lakers desperately need help and Kobe is on his last legs (though this would go against everything I believe in as a Spurs fan to run with the Lakers).

3. The Knicks (I've always been a fan of the mystique of MSG and it would be fun to return it to the glory and intimidating days).

My thoughts towards the teams who were introduced in the poll:

1. Spurs - will always have my heart so I have not counted them out no matter the size of voting (loyalty is a huge characteristic of mine...even in virtual world).

2. Celtics - literally could contend right away with all the picks, if they are used correctly and possible trade partners could be found to lure big time talent to Beantown (Cough...cough...Cousins). I am certainly considering them as the favorites as they have overwhelmingly taken a huge margin in the poll and that was the point of this thread when it was created.

3. Hawks - My childhood team and they have been pulling at my heart to do one with them because I always remember in detail the shootout in the Garden in '87 playoffs between Bird and Wilkins. The Hawks were always sooooooo close but could not get over the hump of the Celtics.

4. Bulls - They are not in consideration at this point.

5. 76ers - They are not in consideration at this point.

I thank you guys once again as I am going to contemplate through the day my decision...To all of you, have a wonderful Saturday!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »