Home

Park/Stage Defensive 3 Seconds

This is a discussion on Park/Stage Defensive 3 Seconds within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #17
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Park/Stage Defensive 3 Seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I say they take 3 seconds out completely. Now that you can't hold your nuts in the paint bigs can legitimately battle for position and we can see who can rebound and who can't. There's no more crying about rebounding cheese since it's gone.
Except if they took it out then big men get to just sit underneath the basket again clogging the paint again turning the game to a 3 point or mid range shoot out. Plus, this way if you know what you're doing it's not about rating it's about knowing how to play center. I have a 72 center that i Got decent just to try and get rep and extra coins and i can match up with higher rated centers and dominate them because now they have no idea what they're doing. Playing the low blocks vs sitting under the Rim Makes playing big more interesting. It used to be boring and now it's open season on newbs.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Ain't no 3 seconds in street ball, take it out. This is no longer simulating basketball, it's catering to people whining about successful tactics.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #19
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie548
Ain't no 3 seconds in street ball, take it out. This is no longer simulating basketball, it's catering to people whining about successful tactics.
"Pot? Yeah, this is kettle calling, You're Black."

Centers holding their nuts in the paint do to the fact that the screen animation on offense prevents the defender from fighting for positions due to the way screens were programmed is abusing an exploit.

Once again, 2k has done what they did to promote fair play and fix an issue not working as intended. Park needed almost all of the things 2k has done to it. I swear you guys are just trolling now...

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #20
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I wish Reggie was trolling but he's not.

Let me ask you a question reggie. If this were real life, how many times you seen someone Repeat the same exact dribble Move over and over again hoping to get someone to back off and then bang a contested 3 in their face? Or how about a big man who's just going to hold a screen for half the shot clock while you Dribble back and forth to hit a leaning fade away mid range?

If this Is what real life street ball was like it would be the most boring thing ever and no one would want to play, just like it was on the game.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:58 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I wish Reggie was trolling but he's not.

Let me ask you a question reggie. If this were real life, how many times you seen someone Repeat the same exact dribble Move over and over again hoping to get someone to back off and then bang a contested 3 in their face? Or how about a big man who's just going to hold a screen for half the shot clock while you Dribble back and forth to hit a leaning fade away mid range?

If this Is what real life street ball was like it would be the most boring thing ever and no one would want to play, just like it was on the game.
This game doesn't correctly simulate "real basketball." Again it's the best thang smokin so we all play, have fun and enjoy as much as we can. Players get drawn into weak animations that make players move in mud. Master the art of breaking these animations and you sir are well on your way of becoming a 2K master. Mix that with a few plays and smart decisions and your good.

To the other guy, I don't understand your comment about trolling. What is that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #22
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
In real life, there's an unwritten rule to not camp in the paint the whole time. With things like 3 seconds, fouls, whether a foot is on the line or not, etc, everyone is on the honor system. People abide by it because you're in danger of getting into a fight if you pull that stuff in the real life. I've been in pick up games where guys nearly came to blows because of someone excessively setting moving screens/grabbing/going over people's backs/etc. In a digital setting though, where you aren't face to face with your opponent and there are no consequences to being a cheeser, people will do whatever it takes to win. Even if that means ruining the experience for everyone else.

Since people don't have any kind of code-of-conduct in multiplayer gaming, it's necessary for 2K to put things in the game to promote a better experience online. That means doing things like adding 3 seconds and disabling the set screen button, even if they may not necessarily be realistic.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
In real life, there's an unwritten rule to not camp in the paint the whole time. With things like 3 seconds, fouls, whether a foot is on the line or not, etc, everyone is on the honor system. People abide by it because you're in danger of getting into a fight if you pull that stuff in the real life. I've been in pick up games where guys nearly came to blows because of someone excessively setting moving screens/grabbing/going over people's backs/etc. In a digital setting though, where you aren't face to face with your opponent and there are no consequences to being a cheeser, people will do whatever it takes to win. Even if that means ruining the experience for everyone else.

Since people don't have any kind of code-of-conduct in multiplayer gaming, it's necessary for 2K to put things in the game to promote a better experience online. That means doing things like adding 3 seconds and disabling the set screen button, even if they may not necessarily be realistic.
It's not realistic. That's my whole point. In the playground you don't stop shooting 3s because your too good at making them. If nobody can stop me from driving in real life am I cheesing to continue doing it? Please stop. Agree to disagree brother. It only ruins the experience for lesser skilled players not smart enough to adapt.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:13 PM   #24
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
It's not realistic. That's my whole point. In the playground you don't stop shooting 3s because your too good at making them. If nobody can stop me from driving in real life am I cheesing to continue doing it? Please stop. Agree to disagree brother. It only ruins the experience for lesser skilled players not smart enough to adapt.
But holding your nuts in the paint is not a skill though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »