Home

Patch # 3 for X BOX ONE. What's taking so long?

This is a discussion on Patch # 3 for X BOX ONE. What's taking so long? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Patch # 3 for X BOX ONE. What's taking so long?

I feel like I might as well be waiting for NBA2k17. I have read some threads and wondering if they took defense out completely? People are making it sound like the defense is turned down. If that's the case I might as well not play because I thought Defense was already terrible.
When 2k makes the defense as fast as the offense like it use to be back in the day. A lot of people will quit playing the game. You use to be able to trap and steal every pass if you anticipated right. This made people complain all day so they took it out. All you really had to do is just make smarter passes and play more patiently, but they switched the game for the crybabies.
Then they took out the only Defense that actually worked the last few years and to cause some havoc, the 1-3-1 zone defense. Every year they go away from defense. The key is to let the sim ballers run there plays and be able to pass it to whoever. Even when you know exactly where the ball is going so they won't let you anticipate anything, and even if you do, and you think you are going to steal the pass, it knocks right down on the floor back to the offense.
Also to let the casual player that knows nothing about basketball simply to hold down the turbo with LeBron and get right to the basket with no force field in front of him. Which the force field would be the defender but tweak the settings and it's like he's not even there.
At the end of the day I have always said that my defender feels like he is stuck in the mud, and the offense always feels like its a hundreds time faster.
They want no Defense on this game period!!!!! Defense is bad for business. If anyone of you who play this game became great on defense where you would totally shut down your opponent. Then your opponent would quit playing the game. Take out defense everyone wins. PEaCE OUT!! You are in the Matrix of NBA 2ks Keep games close and keep everyone happy, but the skilled player is constantly scratching his head in disbelief!

Last edited by MikeWang4ever; 11-20-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: correction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #2
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Patch # 3 for X BOX ONE. What's taking so long?

I know this thread gonna get closed real soon. It's been a week since Sony released patch 3. I really wish they would release patch 3 for X1 gamers.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Old 11-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

This happened last year and its the main reason I got the game for PS4 last year. I got sick of MS taking 2-3 weeks to release NBA 2k patches.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Microsoft need faster hamsters...
Old 11-20-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

What's odd is every other game release patches and we receive them when PS4 does. Example Call of Duty black ops.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been with micro$oft since day one. I mainly play 2K basketball but micro$oft is about to lose me to PS4 with this bs.

GT: King Kutta DTX
Bio: 2K legend
Follow me on twitter @ KINGOFTHECOUCH
Old 11-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This happened last year and its the main reason I got the game for PS4 last year. I got sick of MS taking 2-3 weeks to release NBA 2k patches.
I own both consoles and to me it was a pick your poison situation. Do I want to wait on patches or to not have highlights work properly? I choose the highlights not working because at least there's a workaround for that.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #8
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

I actually own it for both and bought the MJ edition on X1 on launch day this year.

Bought the PS4 version a few days ago and I'm not looking back. It feels better on PS4 too, plus that patch is niceeee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »