Home

Grading system deficiencies....

This is a discussion on Grading system deficiencies.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Grading system deficiencies....

The shooting in this game just have to many factors. IMO, sometimes the grading system doesn't know what's a good shot vs a bad shot. U can shoot off the dribble wide open and it will give u a "D", thus likely missing the shot. Defenders can also make wide open shooters miss shots by contested late, which can change the shot grade that would have been "A" or "B", to a "D" or lower. Then there's all these silly penalties that factor In as well.

But if ur a slasher, well the grading system goes out the window. There is no grading system that grades if it's a bad shot or not when slashing. Why? So therefore u can basically drive all you want with no fear of shot penalties or if the game feels it's a bad drive or not. U can drive over two defenders, no problem. But u can't take a shot off the dribble, or hit anything with a hand near u. Otherwise it's a bad grade. But guys can slash all day over defenders and the only worry if ur shot being blocked. In fact, in 2k16, the game often bails ppl out with mysterious B.S. annoying bail out calls. Even if ur controlling the defender the game will make u foul the player. If I'm controlling the player, why does the game take over anyway and make me do something I don't intend on doing, especially if I have the matchup edge.(ex., elite defender vs 70 ovr)....

The game has step back shots but doesn't let u hit them realistically, why? Because of the shot grade system? My advice to 2k Is fix ur shot grade system. It's poorly implementing. It's the reason step backs dont work logically and it hurts the shooting. What may be a bad shot for Tony Snell may be a good shot for James Harden. Guys CAN contest late on open shooter's and severely change the grade. Trust me, I see it daily and it's annoying. The higher the ovr, the more lenient the system should be. Sometimes the grading system works as intended, by grades for bad shots. But there are to many times where u have a pretty good shot with a good player and the game grades it like it's a bad shot because a defender was 6 feet to the left. Or because it was a pull up off the dribble. Fix this according to player ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Grading system deficiencies....

Didn't you already make a thread stating your issues with the grading system?
Old 11-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Grading system deficiencies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Didn't you already make a thread stating your issues with the grading system?
Yes: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-system.html

MMC, please add these thoughts to your other thread discussing your issues with the Grading system.

A new one is not needed.

Thank you
Closed

Last edited by RGmoney; 11-20-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »