Home

What are you labbing in freestyle/scrimmage?

This is a discussion on What are you labbing in freestyle/scrimmage? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2015, 08:30 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: What are you labbing in freestyle/scrimmage?

Anyone tried labbing how to defend the inside pass after successfully defending the pick and roll? I often find that the hedge man is trailing the roller and even though the pass isn't there, people online will make it anyway. I think holding LT during the pass may block it but I'm not sure.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #10
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0

Currently on my 2nd week of labbing the Princeton Chin and Flex offenses, and they are by FAR my favorite offensive sets to run.

I'd love to get to learn the Triangle as it is a proven offense that can win championships when given the pieces (90's bulls & 00's Lakers). Problem is that it's really complicated for me at the moment. I'm also beginning to lab the motion 3 out 2 in offense.

Turnovers are a given with all these passes in these offenses, but I refuse to stoop down to a lot of these bum's level that play hero ball / Iso ball every possesion.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Anyone tried labbing how to defend the inside pass after successfully defending the pick and roll? I often find that the hedge man is trailing the roller and even though the pass isn't there, people online will make it anyway. I think holding LT during the pass may block it but I'm not sure.
The game defensive AI is inconsistent so you'll have to do it yourself. Do just like you would in real life. The lowest defender on the weakside will "bump" the roll man then recovery to his man. Works better in real-life or against another human better than the computer (real-life it means a guy has to throw a pass over the top of the defense across his body, against humans in 2K it means they have to see the open man then throw the pass). the computer doesn't always acknowledge how tough that pass is, so at times you'll see a guys like Michael Carter Williams throw it as a perfectly placed chest pass. -_-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #12
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

To defend the PnR, switch over to the weak side post defender that is not involved in the PnR and put him in position to stop the roll.

This may leave HIS defender open but you rather give up a jump shot than a dunk or lay up.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 11-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
To defend the PnR, switch over to the weak side post defender that is not involved in the PnR and put him in position to stop the roll.

This may leave HIS defender open but you rather give up a jump shot than a dunk or lay up.
You're better off using the perimeter player on the weakside if the man he's guarding is in the corner. It's a longer pass so you have more time to recover from leaving him open.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:59 PM   #14
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: What are you labbing in the game?

Personally, I stink at dribble moves, especially stepbacks, so I'm usually in freestyle practicing timing and step back shots/dribbles.

My one really go to is the half spin. The only move I can pull off at any time. Works good too

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Re: What are you labbing in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKoKing
What freelance you spending the most time with?

I'm starting to work with Pace now. I like the spacing. Wanna see if it has set dribble penetration movement. The drive and kick game works really well. Also wanna what happens if I put guys like Anthony Davis or Blake Griffin at the 5 and make them fade instead of roll.
I'm working with Swing and Flex

I been studying what they are about and it seems they use a 4 who can spread the floor.

I currently start Blake and Alridge behind him and am not big on my bigs taking 3s but I'm learning how to keep them in Play within the system without chucking 3s...

I like the continuity in the Swing and Flex offense.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 11-23-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2015, 05:03 PM   #16
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Im playing a lot of play now games with the classic teams that mjwizards made on here, along with the Euro teams just trying to find the right sliders before I start a My League, and My GM. I had thought about starting to edit my roster for My League, but figured I would hold out hope for another patch, as have yet to see a team switch to zone D ever, and since this last patch the AI don't get there 20 sec timeout back ater halftime, buyt I get mine back. I want these things fixed before starting, because I have never trusted patches in any game to not cause issues with started franchise modes.

I have been thinking while I wait for what I hope is a patch to fix the things I mentioned, of trying My Player out, that's just never interested me, last time I tried it was when they put out the draft combine before 2k11,lol. I doubt I do it though, I will probably just continue playing exhibition games by using classic teams and Euro teams for a while longer while trying to improve my overall game. Im just not all that good anymore with meds I take making me not think nearly quick enough any longer to be able to play at a high level, but I enjoy it anyway, definitely makes things more of a challenge anyway without playing on the highest level,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »