Home

Ideas to deter quiting in Pro-Am

This is a discussion on Ideas to deter quiting in Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2015, 03:18 PM   #17
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to deter quiting in Pro-Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
I'd like to know this as well. My 4 friends and I don't always make it all into the same game.
It looks like the freeze is minutes, not like hours or days. At least that's what I've gathered from other threads. So you should be able to get back together and join another game.

Can anyone confirm that for us? Thanks!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #18
Rookie

I think if you quit twice in one dau ya get a 2 hr ban from online would be fair

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 03:39 AM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Almighty
I don't necessarily agree. I think those penalties are pretty harsh.

I've played games where teammates have to quit if the owner or multiple players are booted out of the match before it begins due to 2K servers.

Another issue is popping up where PGs are made to play centers in an apparent position glitch. So, if we choose to quit the match due to glitches one too many times, we should get banned for that day?

Quitter/Cheater lobbies are a bit extreme. I would have preferred that measure for 2K15 when demi-gods were ruining the game.

I personally feel that 2K has all but wiped out the Pro-Am quitting issue as best as any of us could. Patch 3 brought about a similar penalty to your suggestion that will make the mode inaccessible to chronic quitters. This alone has brought the quit rate from 90% to 10% in my experience of 30+ games played after Patch 3 (arena, not walk on). The majority of the teams are not quitting now even if they are losing by 20+ points.
U lucky then. Because I haven't finished a full 5 in like my last 30 games. Hell even in owner vs owner pro am I have yet to see all 10 finish.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:21 AM   #20
Banned

If everyone on a team quits out of a game they should be banned for a week.
Old 11-26-2015, 04:39 AM   #21
MVP

tru11's Arena

for every 3 quits you loose rating.

for every quit there is an hour time out on all online game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 04:58 AM   #22
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

I am fine wth the patch 3 system they have in place, but I want the damn issues cleaned up, can't play walkon with 2-3 of my friends because the game doesn't bring us into the same lobby or it leaves them or me in a black screen at 99% loading.

There are some times either me or someone else gets an error loading into a pro am team up match, should I get the boot for 2hrs to a day because we want to play as a team instead of with CPUs that are erratic in skill?

I hope they add in commentary to Pro-Am even if it is just a hype man on the side lines, it would bring up the immersion.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:14 AM   #23
Rookie

mmafan18's Arena

If they did make a system for quitters they need to make it so they can tell if you actually pause the game and exit the game. I would hate to get banned for a time period because the game lagged me out.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetheredcomet
I am fine wth the patch 3 system they have in place, but I want the damn issues cleaned up, can't play walkon with 2-3 of my friends because the game doesn't bring us into the same lobby or it leaves them or me in a black screen at 99% loading.

There are some times either me or someone else gets an error loading into a pro am team up match, should I get the boot for 2hrs to a day because we want to play as a team instead of with CPUs that are erratic in skill?

I hope they add in commentary to Pro-Am even if it is just a hype man on the side lines, it would bring up the immersion.
Lol, what system? Whatever it is, it doesn't work for walk-on. By the second quarter, there's usually only 6 people or less left in a game because of the quitting. Obviously the 'deterrent' isn't enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »