Home

Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves?

This is a discussion on Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
and probably better than what 2k would give you since it comes from regular guys just like us
I don't agree. If there were say a semi-equivalent approach to what Daczar has done for play design (not only laying what the sets are but also the intent behind the design) for controls it would be far and away more helpful than relying on other gamers. No matter how good we get we'll never be able to break the mechanics down the way they can/could.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #34
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Actually 23 has a point, they can sometimes provide a bit more perspective than the 'official' videos- still think the game could use more tutorials/modes though....
Old 11-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #35
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
In that spirit: IŽd love to have the in-game tutorials/drills from years ago back. Simply a 1:1 drill with a cpu defender of your choosing with the game advising you on some drible-move combinations and stuff.

Same goes for post moves ...
Yeah, or a little window like the shot feedback window that tells me how close I was to correctly timing the Iso move or chained move.

Even if 2k's dead set on sticking to a non interactive video, at least show me a little graphic or split screen of the controller that can relate a sense of the timing I need to have to correctly pull off a move.

Speaking of, I really wish I could see Pham's or 24's controllers as they pull off these amazing moves. It's cool to see that it's possible to break someone's ankles, but I could really use a better sense of HOW they do it. I'd even love it if someone narrated what they're doing with the sticks, and how it should respond on screen or how it's reacting on the screen - why they chose the move based on the defender's positioning or whatever.

Anyway, that's my $.02.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #36
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Yeah, or a little window like the shot feedback window that tells me how close I was to correctly timing the Iso move or chained move.

Even if 2k's dead set on sticking to a non interactive video, at least show me a little graphic or split screen of the controller that can relate a sense of the timing I need to have to correctly pull off a move.

Speaking of, I really wish I could see Pham's or 24's controllers as they pull off these amazing moves. It's cool to see that it's possible to break someone's ankles, but I could really use a better sense of HOW they do it. I'd even love it if someone narrated what they're doing with the sticks, and how it should respond on screen or how it's reacting on the screen - why they chose the move based on the defender's positioning or whatever.

Anyway, that's my $.02.

You dont stare at your controller as you play, so why do you
Old 11-26-2015, 01:26 AM   #37
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

Not sure what you mean. I don't stare at my controller while I play, so why do I?

Did you mean... "They don't stare at their controllers, so why do I?"

I'm saying I'd enjoy watching a Youtube video of someone showing, either graphically or with animation or however it might be possible, how and when they manipulate the sticks, and how that should/does translate in-game.

Since that's probably not going to happen, I'm also saying I'd very much enjoy videos from those same Youtubers narrating why they chose one move over another, and hopefully talk about the timing needed to pull off those moves, when they hit a stick to chain a move, etc.

Does that make sense?

Again, I feel the need for something like this outside of the game because 2K does a piss poor job of telling me what I'm doing right and wrong, dribbling the ball.

Last edited by torpidbeaver; 11-26-2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:59 AM   #38
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Not sure what you mean. I don't stare at my controller while I play, so why do I?

Did you mean... "They don't stare at their controllers, so why do I?"

I'm saying I'd enjoy watching a Youtube video of someone showing, either graphically or with animation or however it might be possible, how and when they manipulate the sticks, and how that should/does translate in-game.

Since that's probably not going to happen, I'm also saying I'd very much enjoy videos from those same Youtubers narrating why they chose one move over another, and hopefully talk about the timing needed to pull off those moves, when they hit a stick to chain a move, etc.

Does that make sense?

Again, I feel the need for something like this outside of the game because 2K does a piss poor job of telling me what I'm doing right and wrong, dribbling the ball.
Why do you want to see their sticks as they are showing off the moves?

There are a bunch of tutorials that explain which way they swing the sticks and when they do it. Just a matter of taking the time to learn it
Old 11-26-2015, 03:47 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9
Anyone NOT struggling with dribble moves?

I definitely would like to have more in-game tutorials for sure and i'm all agreeing qith you guys.

But the thing is you can lab every bit pf move in freelance practice yes even the post moves because in real life the way players practice their moves, footwork, shooting etc is mostly all by themselves or with a shade d so what i mean as i also practiced back in time in real life you can always pull and work on your moves as there is a defender, same goes for post up, dribling, shooting etc etc.

All you need is a set of mind and a framework and repetition of them. Most people don't really know what practice does really mean so they waste time without something or someone leading them.

Again i'm all for more ingame tutorials..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ataman5; 11-26-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:48 AM   #40
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

I've seen videos where, for instance, Pham talks about which moves are linked to which direction on the stick, and then he shows a bunch of examples of those moves. That hasn't really helped me.

The only video I've seen that really made an immediate difference was someone who uploaded a video that showed a certain kind of Iso Move (I believe it was Turbo + Back & Left/Right, depending on which hand the ball's in) that was effective in getting by opponents. The trick was, you needed to wait to change directions until the ball had returned to the original hand, and THEN you could explode out of the move. Otherwise, it didn't really work. Again, it's apparently about timing.

You're getting a little hung up on the idea of "seeing the sticks," as I think someone talking through their moves like the example above could be equally as helpful. But sure, let me try again:

I'd like to watch someone play because –*and again, I don't know for sure, but I've read it on this board – there's apparently some sort of timing to chaining the ankle breaking moves, and I'm not getting it. So, using the example above, if I could see the sticks (or, like in one Youtuber's video, he put up graphical representations of the controller), and get a better idea of when to change directions, chain a different move, hit turbo, let GO of turbo, etc etc etc.

I don't know what else there is to say about it, man. I've put in plenty of time; more than some, less than others. And I'm not ordering anyone to go upload a video for me or anything, I'm just offering an example of what I think might help me learn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »